By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583
Materia-Blade said:

Facts aren't opinions.

this:

Is a clear downgrade from the E3 teaser, especially the hair:

ND said the teaser was in game graphics while admiting they used pre rendered scenes on previous uncharteds, but today's footage prooved they were lying again. the video starts with a pre rendered model to make drake's face look more detailed, although it's already less detailed than the teaser. but then AT THE 0:44, YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE TRANSITION to actual in game graphics, with drake's face conviniently not visible (so that the transition isn't easily perceived). but you can check multiple parts of the video where drake's face show up for a moment and is clearly less detailed than at the start of the video.

So, it's basically: E3 teaser = pre rendred graphics that were superior than the starting cutscene of today's footage (wich was also pre rendered). and the opening cutscene is more detailed than the actual gameplay that follows. check for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SH-g8ykw4

Yep, the transition is so clear that you're apparently only your superior eyes can notice it 'clearly'.

You've once again avoid my question, so i think i'll end this conversation here. Looking at your post history i'm obviously wasting my energy. I'll leave you believe whatever tickles your fancy :)

Around the Network
binary solo said:

Those comparisons also show how DF still looks pretty good for an early PS3 game.

Indeed. The IQ is awful, but the game itself still looks pretty good. Would love to see it in 1080p/60fps; hopefully ND make an Uncharted Collection a reality one day.

Will be interesting to compare early PS4 titles to those at the end of its like. We've already seen a big improvement from launch to stuff like The Order and UC4, can't wait to see what's next.

I don't understand how anyone can say Uncharted 4 isn't evolving the gameplay formula. I mean just look at that gif with the grappling. Going to be the highest scoring and one of the best selling games of 2015.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
I don't understand how anyone can say Uncharted 4 isn't evolving the gameplay formula. I mean just look at that gif with the grappling. Going to be the highest scoring and one of the best selling games of 2015.

just dont pay attention to them we know that the game has evolved a lot from the other entries and thats simply the truth:

- More OPEN areas (ala TLOU) with a lot of different paths to take

. Stealth has been added to the game

- Verticality is now a reality we can climb if we want or take the paths below

- grapling mechaninc

- rope mechanic that not only gives other ways of traversing areas but can be used in combat

Like it. Now i'm looking forward to the muliplayer part.

Around the Network

56k alert -

Halfway through gameplay (Drake just got a gun).

Love the use of the climbing peg, really cool. Also using vegetation as cover = awesome.

Drake's banter with himself is, as ever, excellent.

The graphics need work, but its Naughty Dog, I am sure they'll have it ship shape by launch.

I'll second what others have said about the climbing though - its just getting more and more outlandish and hard to believe what is such a core element of the game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Also, the combat looks like it is somewhat improved over the last game. Though, this must be the easiest difficulty in the world, as Drake has taken more bullets than should ever be permitted!

The South African villians are pretty token and stereotypical - but then what isn't in video games these days.

Edit: I will say though they are doing an excellent job of making you feel like you can go anywhere and explore anything, even though we know that isn't true.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wow. This looks really good. I know people want to say that its because of the PS4, but its not just that. Its the developer. Naughty Dog is considered the number 1 studio for a reason. If they were on the Xbox One, they would make it shine. These guys are just talented. This is what they do. The graphics lead is a ex NASA programmer. They optimized TLOU on the PS3 on a binary (WTF!) level.

They are not human. Their games are going to look the best because they are aliens. Straight up. Lets just be thankful that they are peaceful and chose to make games instead of enslaving us.

starcraft said:

Also, the combat looks like it is somewhat improved over the last game. Though, this must be the easiest difficulty in the world, as Drake has taken more bullets than should ever be permitted!

The South African villians are pretty token and stereotypical - but then what isn't in video games these days.

Edit: I will say though they are doing an excellent job of making you feel like you can go anywhere and explore anything, even though we know that isn't true.

Most likely unlimited health for demo purposes. Notice how the screen goes grey and he regains health in an instant? It takes much longer for that to happen in the other Uncharted games.