By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December bestsellers thread - updated 01/01/15. AC X1 bundle #1, PS4 #15 & Destiny bundle #90

Aphelion said:

Reality is not an argument, look in the mirror at whos using fanboy straw pulling arguments.  Do i give a shit about 360 and PS3 loses, none are debating that here are they, its the pro xbox crowd that has to grasp at straws of yester year to defend a weak product.

So, I´m lost.

What is your point then?

As I understand the XOne success in the last two months is bad and is damaging the brand because it´s been sold at a lower price than it "should be".

I show you that MS and Sony achieve high sales with lower price and you don´t give a shit, is that right?

Around the Network
Aphelion said:
Insidb said:
Aphelion said:
Insidb said:

I have always been a PS fan, but that doesn't strike me as a "great," much less likely outcome. It also doesn't strike me as the type of insane investment that a company as successful as MS would ever make.

The fact that they sold a ton of consoles at a reduced price is largely contingent upon market context. MS was competing with a lower cost, more powerful alternative, so they reduced the price to a point where people would choose the X1 over the PS4. That has a whole lot to do with the market space and very, very little to do with customers adopting the perception that the XBox is a brand you only buy on sale.

just wait till new years sales plummet, and ill be plain as day to see. 

If the sales plummet in 2015, why would it be anything other than consumers reverting back to the aformentioned cost comparison judgment. Do you really believe that people won't be buying $400 X1s because they think it's an on-sale only brand? I do not.

Its whats happening, you dont waste $ on a xbox.  You wait to get a deal, its what many on here already learned and think of it.  Its becoming the way they see the xbox.  

I think that's the PS fanboy analysis of the situation. I think the real world consumer simply says, "I'll buy an X1, when it's competitively priced to the more powerful PS4," not "I'll buy that when it's cheap."

Insidb said:
Aphelion said:
Insidb said:
Aphelion said:
Insidb said:

I have always been a PS fan, but that doesn't strike me as a "great," much less likely outcome. It also doesn't strike me as the type of insane investment that a company as successful as MS would ever make.

The fact that they sold a ton of consoles at a reduced price is largely contingent upon market context. MS was competing with a lower cost, more powerful alternative, so they reduced the price to a point where people would choose the X1 over the PS4. That has a whole lot to do with the market space and very, very little to do with customers adopting the perception that the XBox is a brand you only buy on sale.

If the sales plummet in 2015, why would it be anything other than consumers reverting back to the aformentioned cost comparison judgment. Do you really believe that people won't be buying $400 X1s because they think it's an on-sale only brand? I do not.

Its whats happening, you dont waste $ on a xbox.  You wait to get a deal, its what many on here already learned and think of it.  Its becoming the way they see the xbox.  

I think that's the PS fanboy analysis of the situation. I think the real world consumer simply says, "I'll buy an X1, when it's competitively priced to the more powerful PS4," not "I'll buy that when it's cheap."

Its a fanboy analysis to think a real world consumer has any realistic idea of the power difference of the two consoles.  

PS sales more at equal price becasue of its brand not any power difference.  Same way a toyota camry or ipod out sales what ever you name at same price.  

Aphelion said:
Insidb said:
Aphelion said:
Insidb said:
Aphelion said:
Insidb said:

Its a fanboy analysis to think a real world consumer has any realistic idea of the power difference of the two consoles.  

PS sales more at equal price becasue of its brand not any power difference.  Same way a toyota camry or ipod out sales what ever you name at same price.  

The real world video game consumer has an idea of power difference, and the average consumer has price sensitivity. In both cases, it has nothing to do with the brand being associated with it being an "on sale only" purchase.

Insidb said:

The real world video game consumer has an idea of power difference, and the average consumer has price sensitivity. In both cases, it has nothing to do with the brand being associated with it being an "on sale only" purchase.

They dont no better proof then this forum where fanboys argue exactrly what the diference really is and is it meaningfull at all.  Some doubt it some say its double.  So a real world normal person that is just into gaming has no idea really just like real world consumers have little to no idea of why or which phone is more powerfull.  Same shit to then either or.  But they do know brands, apple samsung then the rest.   Same way they know playstation then the rest.  

Going by what some say here xbox has always been a sales on a sale product, doing its big sales when on holiday discounts especially BF.

Around the Network

Just want to say good job Seece, jlmurph2 & man-bear-pig for their updates to the thread over the month. I'm expecting a similar gap to Nov for an XBO win.

Will there/is there going to a separate Januray amazon thread now?

i honestly fail to understand how some people can actually think that the xbox one will win december buy a similar or even close to similar margin in december

thedawghousev2 said:
i honestly fail to understand how some people can actually think that the xbox one will win december buy a similar or even close to similar margin in december

Look at the historical sales charts.  December sales are almost double that of November.  The XB1 has a similar numerical advantage in Dec as far as rankings go.  So, the gap could be twice as big in total sales.

It is near the end of the end....

Aphelion said:
Insidb said:

They dont no better proof then this forum where fanboys argue exactrly what the diference really is and is it meaningfull at all.  Some doubt it some say its double.  So a real world normal person that is just into gaming has no idea really just like real world consumers have little to no idea of why or which phone is more powerfull.  Same shit to then either or.  But they do know brands, apple samsung then the rest.   Same way they know playstation then the rest.  

Going by what some say here xbox has always been a sales on a sale product, doing its big sales when on holiday discounts especially BF.

But that's my point from before: the relative price expectation for each brand may directly correlate to accepted price stratification, but that doesn't mean that the brand itself has been damaged or has a devaluation perception attached to it. If a consumer has a higher brand expectation of PS, then they will have a higher price threshold for PS products. That concept, however, is mutually exclusive from your assertion that people seeing XBox as a discount brand.

Landguy said:
thedawghousev2 said:

Look at the historical sales charts.  December sales are almost double that of November.  The XB1 has a similar numerical advantage in Dec as far as rankings go.  So, the gap could be twice as big in total sales.

did the xbox one have call of duty and sunset overdrive custom bundles? the initial burst of sales from the price cut? did they have a brand new halo master chief collection? ps4 had a $329 deal at the biggest retailer in the united states and is #15 for the month and increasing. i just don't get how some of you can think it will be bigger.