By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U gameplay (early footage)

I LOVE YOU NINTENDO!
THE BEST GAME *-*

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021

Around the Network

I thought i was the only one to think it's ugly, some nintendo fans tried to kill me when i said it was downgraded from E3 , but yeah, it's far from what we saw few months ago...

The rocks, the trees and assets when he looks far away, the draw distance, it doesnt look like a 2015 game like i thought

Gameplay wise, it was not really interesting, it was kinda useless to show that now, they should have waited to have something better and to find something more entertaining to show, because it looked like a tech demo reveal, without a good tech.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

That's cool. I wish they showed HD video instead of off-screen. It's got framerate issues but that's understandable.

Cartoon Link looks nice. The environment, rocks & stuff, looks very old school though.

My 8th gen collection

I'll reserve judgment until they start filling the world with stuff to do. If they can somehow pack in a ton of content in just under a year, then this game might just be awesome.

Samus Aran said:

I guess I'll be the only one that thinks it looked bad graphically. Trailer at E3 looked much better. World is way too big and empty. There's litteraly nothing there. And we saw a large chunk of the world in the background: there was nothing there but grass and trees. 

That's the first thing i noticed too. This is obviously still an earlier build, but what they showed made the world feel incredibly repetitive (visually) and lacking in substance.

It's hard to judge the graphics (for obvious reasons), but i agree with you there too. I don't find myself particully impressed by what is being shown. Past the glorious amounts of grass, it doesn't look much better than some PS3/360 open world titles. Of course, it's worth remembering that we don't know the performance rate yet. Most PS3/360 open world titles were 720p/30fps; if Zelda U is targeting 720p/60fps or 1080p/30fps then what's being shown is actually quite impressive, even if it lacks much to look at yet.

Anyway, i'm still exited. I hated SS, but TP is still one of my all time favorite games. We all know Nintendo are capable of making it great.

Around the Network

I think the whole slow motion when jumping off Epona thing is really tacky...
And I hope traveling is more engaging than in Wind Waker...
Overall, I think it looks good...

Have a nice day...

Wrong thread

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

man
grass shadows on epona, and the reflection of the sun on grass.
and i havent seen any aliasing from here.
they have enough time to change rocks textures, and is quite easy and not compromises performance.

im hyped!

So damn hyped and I'm not even a Zelda fan. It looks beautiful.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

The rock textures are the only real problem I see graphically, other than some brief framerate hicups. As for the emptiness of the world, I would be willing to bet that a lot of the enemies in the game are disabled to keep some surprises and also to make demonstrations easy. Other devs have done this before; controlling what happens makes demonstration of specific features easier.

Overall, I like what I see.