By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK8 Is More 'Casual'/Easier Than MKWii

Tagged games:

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Neither, did you even read what I said? Mario Kart is only as casual or hardcore as you make it. Whether it's either or isn't universal. Now if you just want to say MKWii's singleplayer is harder to 3 star, then that's no argument either as it's a fact. MK8 lacks all those hidden requirements like how long you're in first for, how many times you fell off, etc. You simply have to get first every race, don't matter how you do it.

Considering the single-player is indeed part of a game, I would say that supports the fact that MKWii, as a whole, is in fact more challenging/harder. MK8's lax stance on qualifications makes it more casual, in the literal sense.

Okay fine, MKWii is more "hardcore"/difficult by an irrelevant miniscule amount!

Around the Network

Every Mk makes the tracks wider and wider. That's why mk64 is the best mk. Undenniable fact.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Every Mk makes the tracks wider and wider. That's why mk64 is the best mk. Undenniable fact.

Except MK7 and 8's tracks are narrower than Wii's. Good try though, well not really since track width is one of the most irrelevant things ever!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Except MK7 and 8's tracks are narrower than Wii's. Good try though, well not really since track width is one of the most irrelevant things ever!

Yet Mk Wii had interesting tracks, something we cannot say about mk7-8. Also, width made some tracks difficult as heavy characters hit you and make you fall.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Einsam_Delphin said:

Is that your only argument? Saying things are "irrelevant"?

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Yet Mk Wii had interesting tracks, something we cannot say about mk7-8. Also, width made some tracks difficult as heavy characters hit you and make you fall.

Uh speak for yourself! And yeah I know all about that thanks to SNES Rainbow Road!

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Is that your only argument? Saying things are "irrelevant"?

Yep, let's pretend the bolded part don't exist!

IMO: MK8 is much HARDER!!!!!
- Most of them maps have CRAZY turns, which can be hard for ""causal/new players" to adapt to it.
- Holding only one item makes the players think much more strategically ( should i hold this banana, or should i get some sort of boost - coming in 2nd place)
- You are able to mix different combinations of karts ( should i get the one which gives speed - like matching your own strengths)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Einsam_Delphin said:

Yep, let's pretend the bolded part don't exist!

You said: 

"Except MK7 and 8's tracks are narrower than Wii's. Good try though, well not really since track width is one of the most irrelevant things ever!"

You said your own point was irrelevant at the end.

Ive found MK8 harder. Foes like to bombard me with shells and being only able to hold one item adds to the risk of losing.

This is the first Mario Kart where ive had to repeat cups multiple times due to 1 slip up or 2 shell hits causing me to lose 1st place.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda