By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Cyber Attack Casts Microsoft In A Bad Light

binary solo said:
iTechHeads said:

http://wallstreetpr.com/sony-corp-adr-nysesne-cyber-attack-casts-microsoft-corporation-nasdaqmsft-in-a-bad-light-34439

Only Windows computers were compromised. Macs were left untouched.

So who do we blame here? Sony, the victim? The hackers? Or Microsoft?

I think the blame here lies with each of them. Sony for being cheap and buying Windows computers instead of Mac. The hackers for attacking Sony and Microsoft for having a vulnerable operating system.

Discuss.

Fuh dat! They shoulda gone Linux. 

Who to blame? The hackers and that's all. You blame the home owner or the lock maker when their house gets burgled? Every security system is hackable with enough time, skill and determination.

Like seriously.

The internet just completely eliminates common sense sometimes.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

"Microsoft for having a vulnerable operating system."

All operating systems are vulnerable.

The passwords was kept in a folder titled "passwords" with no encryption lmao. Wow this is just beyond hilarious. The hackers then used PSN servers to download the data lol. This is beyond embarrassing and no one but Sony is to blame. The sad part about this is they still wouldn't invest in proper security or servers. No doubt in my mind they are going to get loads of lawsuits from their workers for this. The data even revealed pay differences and non whites are discriminated against and get less money.

Hardcore_gamer said:
iTechHeads said:

http://wallstreetpr.com/sony-corp-adr-nysesne-cyber-attack-casts-microsoft-corporation-nasdaqmsft-in-a-bad-light-34439

Only Windows computers were compromised. Macs were left untouched.

So who do we blame here? Sony, the victim? The hackers? Or Microsoft?

I think the blame here lies with each of them. Sony for being cheap and buying Windows computers instead of Mac. The hackers for attacking Sony and Microsoft for having a vulnerable operating system.

Discuss.

Blame Sony for it their online security it's not good 

On these forums? 

Never. 

Around the Network

I blame women. Not enough hot women around for everyone so they have to find other means to occupy their lonely lives.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

LOL blaming windows really?

The only non hackable device is one that is not connected to the internet and hidden away in a place that no one knows it exists except you.

Hackers target the systems that have the most out there it is that simple. Look at IE vs Fiefox for example. When IE was most used bugger all people looked for firefox exploits. Now there is a lot more activity going on in Firefox.

If MACs ever take over the world more and more exploits will be found.

i don't blame anyone of them, except the hackers themselves. every operating system in the world is vulnerable, and if we was to create a operating system that is 98% secure, it will take several years because it needs to be created from the bottom up.. but still it will not be safe, cause every software on that PC needs to be as equal secure or else it will be a gateway into the system anyway.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

No security fence is perfect.

generic-user-1 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Reaching. Windows is basically a monopoly in PC OS. What kinda company would be using a majority of macs anyways?

All of these blame articles keep trying to shift the focus away from Sony being incompetent with their security.

i bet not even apple is using a majority of macs...

and why should the hackers touch apple? they wanted hard data and not someones  highschool art project...

alot of their test benches for iphones and what not have been shown running xp. 

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one