By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vote Now: VGC's Top 10 Games of The Generation 2014 Edition

Whats the deal with something like Guacamelee, for example?  Released as a previous-gen-and-current-gen game at the same time (Vita = current gen; PS3 = previous gen).  Does that count?

If so:

1. DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
2. DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
3. Hotline Miami
4. Tearaway
5. WipEout 2048
6. Gravity Rush
7. InFAMOUS: Second Son
8. Guacamelee
9. Driveclub
10. Ys: Memories of Celceta

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Whats the deal with something like Guacamelee, for example?  Released as a previous-gen-and-current-gen game at the same time (Vita = current gen; PS3 = previous gen).  Does that count?

As long as it released on both simultaneosly it is fine.  Example, LittleBigPlanet 3 is ok.  Tomb Raider Remaste is not.

Kresnik said:

As long as it released on both simultaneosly it is fine.  Example, LittleBigPlanet 3 is ok.  Tomb Raider Remaste is not.

also somebody notified me that Danganronpa was a remake.  I wasnt aware so i also had it in my top 10.  YOu can change them if you want.  Great games though :)

JayWood2010 said:

also somebody notified me that Danganronpa was a remake.  I wasnt aware so i also had it in my top 10.  YOu can change them if you want.  Great games though :)

Well... it was a Japanese-only game from the previous gen, we only had the current-gen versions in the west.  I'd count that as a game from this generation, because there's no way to play the old version apart from modding and fantranslation.

If you want to remove it that's fine, but I don't have any replacements.  Tbh I only made that list because of the DanganRonpa games, nothing else has impressed me this gen :P

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

Nah, if that is the case then ill count them :)

Around the Network

1) Mario Kart 8
2) Fire Emblem: Awakening
3) The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
4) Bayonetta 2
5) Smash Brothers for Wii U
6) Luigi's Mansion 2
7) Kid Icarus: Uprising
8) The Wonderful 101
9) Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
10) Pokemon Y

It's going to be fun to see how these lists develop, particularly considering I will be adding a PS4 and Xbox One to my console collection at some point.

Asriel said:

It's going to be fun to see how these lists develop, particularly considering I will be adding a PS4 and Xbox One to my console collection at some point.

Yeah it seems to change considerably year to year which is only a good thing.  Just means devs are consistently out doing themselves :)

1 - The Wonderful 101
2 - Fire Emblem Awakening
3 - Super Mario 3D World
4 - Virtue's Last Reward
5 - Tearaway
6 - LoZ A Link Between Worlds
7 - Luigi's Mansion 2
8 - Rayman Legends
9 - Zombi U
10 - Ys Memories of Celceta

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Super Mario 3D World