By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Holy ****! Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire: OVER 7.7Mil Shipped WW! (In Under 2 Weeks) [Europe Huge!!!]

Really impressive numbers.

Around the Network
jetforcejiminy said:

just waiting for another one of those apple fanboy articles about how pokémon is too successful for nintendo to realize they are doomed..

Yeah we'll see more of those no doubt after Nintendo reports a profit :P .

My favorite part of all of these articles is how they list all kinds of games for Nintendo to slap on mobile that would never work.  F-Zero, for example.  I've tried playing the first one on my tablet and it's darn near impossible.  Could you even imagine the faster, more impressive F-Zero games played with either tilt controls or simulated analogue sticks? xD

tbone51 said:

Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire: over 7.7 million units shipped worldwide

The Pokémon Company has just announced that shipments for Pokémon OR/AS are now over 7.7 million worldwide. This obviously includes Europe, where sales were pretty strong: +135% compared to Pokémon X and Y... those pre-orders numbers weren't just for show, then. Makes sense since OR/AS is the best launch ever for a Pokémon game in the UK.

should have pulled a microsoft and said 'near 10m shipped.'

Nuvendil said:
jetforcejiminy said:

just waiting for another one of those apple fanboy articles about how pokémon is too successful for nintendo to realize they are doomed..

Yeah we'll see more of those no doubt after Nintendo reports a profit :P .

My favorite part of all of these articles is how they list all kinds of games for Nintendo to slap on mobile that would never work.  F-Zero, for example.  I've tried playing the first one on my tablet and it's darn near impossible.  Could you even imagine the faster, more impressive F-Zero games played with either tilt controls or simulated analogue sticks? xD

can you say "I'm using motion controls!"...? this kind of technoutopianism is really embarrassing. it's like, 10 yrs from now when tablets/phones go the way of the vcr (which was supposed to spell the end of movie theaters in the 80s, just as the television was supposed to do in the 50s), these people are going to look so dumb. not that they don't already.

And December has just begun. Not bad, not bad at all.

Around the Network

7.7mil is alot, i was expecting 8mil shipped by years end and about 6.5mil-6.8mil sold awhile back.

Even if the game doesn't ship anymore this is great for 6 weeks of sales^

How much does nintendo make on each game? $20/$15/$22??? If so thats like how much revenue?

loving the clickable source link.

Pokemon continues to be a license to print money.

*yawn*

Tachikoma said:
loving the clickable source link.

Source is me :0