By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken on Wii U- Why did no one buy it?

Tagged games:

zippy said:
There is some decent 3rd party stuff on Wii U, most would be pretty cheap as well. Ninja Gaiden Razors edge, RE- Revelations, Sonic Racing, Splinter cell, AC3 and 4, Black ops 2, Ghosts, Deus EX are all great games. I buy most 3rd party stuff on Wii U where possible because off tv play is a big thing for me.

Ninja gaiden was $9 at Walmart the other day. This could be fun. Maybe create a forum, tag me And I'll assist you in making a list with  a link to the cheapest price. If people say, "wii u = no games" the forum might be handy to not only show it has games, but that they are super cheap 3rd party games. only listing awesome cheap games of course.

i just bought my daughter 3 awesome wii games for $20 too. People forget about those.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

Because we're getting Pokken.

Unfortunately I haven't liked Pokemon in a long time. Don't judge, it's just me.

zippy said:
CosmicSex said:
zippy said:
CosmicSex said:
There were reports of severe frame rate issues with that game. Framerate is very important for fighting games for obvious reasons. I don't know if the issues were fixed, but it put off some folks. Tekken is the game I play the most. By far.

The framerate is rock solid on Tekken tag 2, ive never had any issues and im very fussy about framerates in fighting games. There was an update with my download, so maybe it got fixed? anyways it looks and plays great.

How does it control with the Controller?  How would you rate it against and standard pad?

It depends really, i really like the weight and feel of the gamepad and it suits me more than standard controllers (PS3 controller makes my hands cramp), but prob 90% of gamers would prefer the pro controller. Having a set up of special moves on the touchscreen is handy if you are a novice and have trouble pulling off the moves the conventional way, but it is entirely optional. Off tv play is always a bonus with any game.

Hey zippy, have you tried the nyko pro commander? It's my favorite for black ops 2 and mk8.

I'm a Tekken fan. Started on Tekken 2 in the arcade. Tekken 3 on the PS1 consumed me. Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2 was a nice upgrade. Haven't played much since.

The Tekken on WiiU is a broken mess. There are game modes like training where there is no button to exit the training. If you're not performing the move correctly, you have to restart the game via the home menu. So many issues...I own the game and I've only put it in my WiiU twice. Not sure I ever will again.

It's just like many of us have been saying...most 3rd parties don't invest enough resources into Nintendo games. Therefore they suffer glitches, bugs, and just poor game design choices as in the example I stated above. I'm just glad I only spent $20 on the game. I read the reviews and paid accordingly.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
zippy said:
There is some decent 3rd party stuff on Wii U, most would be pretty cheap as well. Ninja Gaiden Razors edge, RE- Revelations, Sonic Racing, Splinter cell, AC3 and 4, Black ops 2, Ghosts, Deus EX are all great games. I buy most 3rd party stuff on Wii U where possible because off tv play is a big thing for me.

Ninja gaiden was $9 at Walmart the other day. This could be fun. Maybe create a forum, tag me And I'll assist you in making a list with  a link to the cheapest price. If people say, "wii u = no games" the forum might be handy to not only show it has games, but that they are super cheap 3rd party games. only listing awesome cheap games of course.

i just bought my daughter 3 awesome wii games for $20 too. People forget about those.

Backward compatability is another great plus in owning a Wii U, i bought Zak and Wiki recently for £3, which is probably just over a dollar. In the UK we have a used games store called CEX, and some of the Wii games on offer there are ridiculously cheap. 

Around the Network

Well first and foremost I genuinely believe that most people who own a Wii U also own a PS3 or 360. Tekken Tag came out on both a while before the Wii U version, for most interested purchasing the game would have a been a double dip. I mean you're not gonna be a Tekken fan and not own the consoles the previous 3 games were on.

Also Tekken is just becoming irrelevant, as someone who was in love with Tekken 3 and Tag, I haven't paid the series any attention in a while. Hopefully 7 can restore my excitement.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
zippy said:
CosmicSex said:
zippy said:
CosmicSex said:
There were reports of severe frame rate issues with that game. Framerate is very important for fighting games for obvious reasons. I don't know if the issues were fixed, but it put off some folks. Tekken is the game I play the most. By far.

The framerate is rock solid on Tekken tag 2, ive never had any issues and im very fussy about framerates in fighting games. There was an update with my download, so maybe it got fixed? anyways it looks and plays great.

How does it control with the Controller?  How would you rate it against and standard pad?

It depends really, i really like the weight and feel of the gamepad and it suits me more than standard controllers (PS3 controller makes my hands cramp), but prob 90% of gamers would prefer the pro controller. Having a set up of special moves on the touchscreen is handy if you are a novice and have trouble pulling off the moves the conventional way, but it is entirely optional. Off tv play is always a bonus with any game.

Hey zippy, have you tried the nyko pro commander? It's my favorite for black ops 2 and mk8.

I will check it out on Amazon :)

super_etecoon said:
I'm a Tekken fan. Started on Tekken 2 in the arcade. Tekken 3 on the PS1 consumed me. Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2 was a nice upgrade. Haven't played much since.

The Tekken on WiiU is a broken mess. There are game modes like training where there is no button to exit the training. If you're not performing the move correctly, you have to restart the game via the home menu. So many issues...I own the game and I've only put it in my WiiU twice. Not sure I ever will again.

It's just like many of us have been saying...most 3rd parties don't invest enough resources into Nintendo games. Therefore they suffer glitches, bugs, and just poor game design choices as in the example I stated above. I'm just glad I only spent $20 on the game. I read the reviews and paid accordingly.

Huh? Others are saying it's great. Maybe the update fixed the issue? Mixed reviews here. I loved tekken 3 back in the ps1 days. Crash team racing, tekken 3, gran turismo, roll cage stage 2, Abe's odyssee. Those were the days 

zippy said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
zippy said:
CosmicSex said:
zippy said:
CosmicSex said:

I will check it out on Amazon :)

$12 on groupon awhile ago. I have 2. A few bad reviews were fake stating issues that I have not encountered nor have my friends. It's a great deal and at the very least a solid 2nd/3rd/4th controller

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
super_etecoon said:

Huh? Others are saying it's great. Maybe the update fixed the issue? Mixed reviews here. I loved tekken 3 back in the ps1 days. Crash team racing, tekken 3, gran turismo, roll cage stage 2, Abe's odyssee. Those were the days 

I will boot it up tonight and see how it goes.  I'm curious now to see if they patched it.