By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken on Wii U- Why did no one buy it?

Tagged games:

super_etecoon said:

The Tekken on WiiU is a broken mess. There are game modes like training where there is no button to exit the training. If you're not performing the move correctly, you have to restart the game via the home menu. So many issues...I own the game and I've only put it in my WiiU twice. Not sure I ever will again.

It's the Start button, lol.

Around the Network
episteme said:
super_etecoon said:

The Tekken on WiiU is a broken mess. There are game modes like training where there is no button to exit the training. If you're not performing the move correctly, you have to restart the game via the home menu. So many issues...I own the game and I've only put it in my WiiU twice. Not sure I ever will again.

I will strangle myself if this is true.  Or the person that had the other controller.  Either way...someone will pay.

I bought it on eshop... Just before it went on specal offer :S

It might be a quality port but Tekken tt2 is quite an inaccessable game to my mind. I had tekken on the psp and found that more accebable at the time. That might have been me.

Tekken's slow and geared around being defencive until you a sneak in a big hitting combo. I've never been good at it,. As a young kid I jumped on the snes version of street fighter 2 in a big way after playing it at a friends. I don't know if tekken could have had the same affect. But probably not. I would imagine a game like Street Fighter 4 going down better with a crowd new to the franchiese. Perhaps Pokken will move way from tekken mechanics enough to increase accessbility.

super_etecoon said:
episteme said:
super_etecoon said:

I will strangle myself if this is true.  Or the person that had the other controller.  Either way...someone will pay.

If I remember correctly, tekken 3 had issues. You had to hold select and start to go to the main menu and it didn't always work. Maybe it's one of those games that you hate, then come back a year later and love it. 

Never said:

I bought it on eshop... Just before it went on specal offer :S

It might be a quality port but Tekken tt2 is quite an inaccessable game to my mind. I had tekken on the psp and found that more accebable at the time. That might have been me.

Tekken's slow and geared around being defencive until you a sneak in a big hitting combo. I've never been good at it,. As a young kid I jumped on the snes version of street fighter 2 in a big way after playing it at a friends. I don't know if tekken could have had the same affect. But probably not. I would imagine a game like Street Fighter 4 going down better with a crowd new to the franchiese. Perhaps Pokken will move way from tekken mechanics enough to increase accessbility.

I hate the new street fighter with its left right left right .......5 minutes later ..... Up *does one move*. Tekken 3 was ideal In my mind. 

Around the Network
Wright said:

Funny thing, I bought a copy of it.

Is this another Dead Rising 3 situation?

Leadified said:
Wright said:

Funny thing, I bought a copy of it.

Is this another Dead Rising 3 situation?

No, it was a birthday gift for my cousin. :)

It was bound to happen.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Not many people knew it existed. Heck, none of my Tekken friends knew it existed until early this year.

Seems to be the way with Wii u. I updated my op. Check out those links, steam prices on Wii U. Wowza. God bless the shitty sales on Wii U. There is a massive back catalog of games that, every time I enquire, seem to be great!

Don't be sad. It had awful sales on the PS3 and Xbox 360 compared to the originals on the PS1 and PS2.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

super_etecoon said:
episteme said:
super_etecoon said:

Maybe you remember it incorrectly. You can't press the home button during a match because the game disables sreenshots. You have to go to the main menu first to exit the game.