By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Exclusives in the Top 20 for 2014 are ALL from Nintendo

Infamous is 20 and is exclusive, so the correct topic title would be "Exclusives in the Top 19 for 2014 are ALL from Nintendo". Titanfall is not an exclusive.

I think what this shows though is not that the other consoles lack good exclusives (they do, but I don't think sales figures prove that) but rather that the games that sell at the moment are multiplats, and given that multiplats are almost always a step-down in quality from exclusives with few exceptions, that's a shame.

Around the Network

So PC and Wii U then?

Am still waiting for the WiiU to come down in price enough to pick up all the games I want for the system.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

The more correct title should be: "14 out of Top 20 games cannot be played on a Nintendo console"

Who says Wii U doesn't have any games? I think the main complain with the console are:

1. Lack of third parties.
2. People growing tired of playing the same nintendo franchises.

Around the Network
torok said:
JazzB1987 said:

Sure but for PC gamers that can get those games for $5 or in case of me and Arkham Origins $3 on steam 1 year after release thats pretty irrelevant tho.

If I safe 30 bucks by buying PC games instead of console games, I can buy a pretty good computer each 15 games I bought. But the only thing I bought in the last 6 years was a new GPU that was $90. (AMD 7870XT Tahiti LE) Everything still works at least on par with current gen. Lets see how GTA5 works and if that runs worse than its time to upgrade (thank god  finally!)

That's supossing everyone likes Steam. The games are cheaper because you aren't buying them, you just get a license with always online DRM. If they pull the plug, your entire collection won't work anymore. I personally like to own things I buy.

And this is ignoring console exclusives (Destiny, Red Dead Redemption), console timed-exclusives (GTA, MGS Rising) and games that have severe bugs on the PC version. There isn't a solution that will really make everyone happy, just a particular group.

Its not different with PSN or XBL. If the service is gone the whole game is. Even today you cant play online in some console  games that are a few years old because they shutdown the servers. On PC I can always join player hosted servers and dont even have to pay a fee to play online.

In 10 years you might not be able to buy a 360 console that can access the internet because MS might not see a reason to allow people to download almost 20 year old games. They will probably resell them as UHD collection or something like that.  If steam exists in 10 years I will still be able to download my old PC games and now that steam is launching its own Twitch-like service I dont see them shutting down anytime soon.

If I have a big enough harddrive I can download ALL my steam games and I can even play them when steam might go the way of the THQ dodo. Thanks to Offline mode. That wont work with PS+ or XBO "free" games.

And most people these days buy a game play it and then sell it. So if I lose access to a $3 dollar game in 6 years who cares. It was a $3 dollar game. And I got my value out of it already. Its like a videogame rental store the difference is that I can keep the games not only for 1 day or so but for 10 years.

Then there always is the "not so legal way of being able to play steam games" so even if the service shuts down I can still play the games. That wont work on digital games on consoles.

The exclusive argument is pretty valid yes but PC also has exclusives  And if not there is always MOD support that makes almost every single game have exclusive FREE content that is not available on console.  Games on PC might have severe bugs but I have yet to encounter a single game that does have them. (Remember I buy games months later because I am a patient person therefore even the timed exlusive argument is irrelevant to me)  The only game I cannot play that I own is MassEffect 1 on steam it does not work with Win8. The rest of my 700+ games works like a charm.  And I dont have to deal with choppy framerate or aliasing in games like Assassins Creed etc.

I am not saying that I dont buy games on consoles since I do have both PS3 and 360 and own every single first party game for them. I also own a billion jrpgs etc. But unoptimized generic third party multiplat output  is nothng I want to pay 15 bucks or so for just so I "own" it.

There is no way that in 10 years I might think "hey I loved COD MW3 its such a classic i want to play it right now"  Its in no way an all time favorite or a classic etc. Its just a generic game that gets a new version every year. No need to own it. Same with most games. True gems are very rare.

Angelv577 said:
Who says Wii U doesn't have any games? I think the main complain with the console are:

1. Lack of third parties.
2. People growing tired of playing the same nintendo franchises.

Those are basically the same complaint!

And I'm not sure it is people getting tired of playing the same Nintendo franchises - certainly doesn't look like they're tiring of the same old e.g. Activision franchises, like CoD!

Burek said:
The more correct title should be: "14 out of Top 20 games cannot be played on a Nintendo console"

Actually the thread title is just flat out wrong, because Infamous is an exclusive, and it's in the top 20, and it's not from Nintendo xD

Teeqoz said:
Burek said:

Actually the thread title is just flat out wrong, because Infamous is an exclusive, and it's in the top 20, and it's not from Nintendo xD

OP just needs to fix the picture and replace Infamous with Smash WiiU. ;)

JazzB1987 said:
Teeqoz said:
Burek said:

OP just needs to fix the picture and replace Infamous with Smash WiiU. ;)

Except Smash U hasn't outsold I:SS yet.