By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Exclusives in the Top 20 for 2014 are ALL from Nintendo

Your definition of exclusive is very narrow, then.

Besides, I see Halo:MCC and Sunset Overdrive making the list anyway

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

You need to learn the rules boy:

PS4/X1 - No exclusive AAA games = no games
Wii U - No AAA 3rd party games = no games

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Im assuming this is sales.

TitanFall and INFamous is there. Then you can also say there is that 14 out of 20 isnt on a nintendo console as well as far as im aware.

vivster said:

Sorry but seem i am slow today.

PS4/X1 without exclusive 3rd party games = no games

Wii without 3rd party games = no games?

Darwinianevolution said:
I think the problem isn't people saying Nintendo has no games. The problem is people saying Nintendo has not non-Nintendo games.

Sure but for PC gamers that can get those games for $5 or in case of me and Arkham Origins $3 on steam 1 year after release thats pretty irrelevant tho.

If I safe 30 bucks by buying PC games instead of console games, I can buy a pretty good computer each 15 games I bought. But the only thing I bought in the last 6 years was a new GPU that was $90. (AMD 7870XT Tahiti LE) Everything still works at least on par with current gen. Lets see how GTA5 works and if that runs worse than its time to upgrade (thank god  finally!)

Around the Network
vivster said:

This is pretty much a concise summary of forum logic.

In Nintendo's case, as a publisher, they're doing a decent job of supplying two systems with wildly different architecture high quality software. The problem with Wii U, however, is that Nintendo are now the only publisher actually supporting the system, which reduces the amount of retail software coming to the system. As the format holder, that's very much an issue Nintendo need to address, whether you believe the extra support should come from Nintendo playing the same way Microsoft and Sony do, or Nintendo themselves expanding to be able to create more software, the initial problem is still the same: there isn't enough software coming to Wii U to make it more commercially viable.

JazzB1987 said:

Sure but for PC gamers that can get those games for $5 or in case of me and Arkham Origins $3 on steam 1 year after release thats pretty irrelevant tho.

If I safe 30 bucks by buying PC games instead of console games, I can buy a pretty good computer each 15 games I bought. But the only thing I bought in the last 6 years was a new GPU that was $90. (AMD 7870XT Tahiti LE) Everything still works at least on par with current gen. Lets see how GTA5 works and if that runs worse than its time to upgrade (thank god  finally!)

That's supossing everyone likes Steam. The games are cheaper because you aren't buying them, you just get a license with always online DRM. If they pull the plug, your entire collection won't work anymore. I personally like to own things I buy.

And this is ignoring console exclusives (Destiny, Red Dead Redemption), console timed-exclusives (GTA, MGS Rising) and games that have severe bugs on the PC version. There isn't a solution that will really make everyone happy, just a particular group.

Look. Nobody has games. NOBODY. The only games that count are games with a metacritic score of EXACTLY 95.8 released in October on DVD (not Bluray) by Atari. These are the rules I have put in place.

Good to know that InFamous is now on X1 and PC and that we can buy TF on PS4! Nice!

And why do you think that having 3rd party games means that PS4 and X1 doesn't have games? Actually, both received way more games this year than the Wii U.

Dr.Vita said:
What? Infamous is 20 and Titanfall is 13.

Titanfall is exclusive?