By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gta To run at 30fps..

Why are people caring? Unless you're playing a twitch game (which GTA isn't), you aren't going to notice enough of a difference to care between 30 and 60 FPS on a TV.

People are annoying sometimes. 

Around the Network

I have to be amazed, I thought people didn't like the wii for graphics! Some people will turn on the game they've been waiting for more then 1 year for because the frame rate is slow! Calm down, it's still GTA4!lolz

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

I'm surprised that so many people are upset, i wouldn't really mind

like resident evil 4 is only 30 fps, and has anybody once complained about that?

Blank? Blank.

GTA at 30fps will be fine, 60 would have been nice but its not going to make a hairs difference to how the game plays.

inurenegade said:
selnor said:
It's a scientific fact the human eye on ly sees at 30 fps. No higher.

i belive the humaneye start to loose the ability to see frames around 40 flickers per second

and the guy who said crt tvs ran at 24 fps LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

crts have to flicker at 60 fps due to the 60 hz american generators spin at well i shouldnt say 60 fps but it does flicker at 60 fields per second and every 2 fields add up to a frame so its approx 30 interlaced frames per second film on the other hand works at 24 frames per second and if you want to get technical film is actually 24000/1001 crt tv is 30000/1001 and tvs with progressive output tend to be 60 fps or i think 60000/1001

also dvd runs at 30 fps interlaced movies tend to be converted using a method of telecide or something to convert it from 24 fps to 30 fps interlaced

edit forgot to mention that euopean television is a whole other story since in europe they tend to have generator rates of 50hz instead of 60hz like in america

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen such a long post with no punctuation whatsoever.  Congratulations on that.

If GTA4 runs at a solid 30 fps without hitching, then it will play fine. If it has framerate dips, it will be a pain. IMO, a solid 30 fps is the minimum acceptable framerate for any action game, twitch or not.

Around the Network
ReggieNator said:
konnichiwa said:
X_X I don't see a difference between 30fps and 60 fps..

most people don't. In fact, if the developers didn't release the information about 30 fps, no one would complain. Only the hardcore of the hardcores see the difference.

And the thought that someone won't buy a game because its 30 fps instead of 60 fps amuses me.

That is so false. First of all, some people such as pilots can see differences up to 120fps. If you don't know the difference between 30fps and 60fps, play Madden on 360 and PS3. Give me a break people. You can still love the game if it's 30fps but don't make a bunch of stupid stuff up.

twesterm said:

Why are people caring? Unless you're playing a twitch game (which GTA isn't), you aren't going to notice enough of a difference to care between 30 and 60 FPS on a TV.

People are annoying sometimes. 

You are annoying somtimes. Play nearly every EA game last year on PS3 then 360. Or hell, play it on PS2 and you'll notice a big difference. Game speed and animatons are better at higher fps.

It's far more about consistency of frame rate and also the kind of game that you are playing. A locked 30fps is fine for many genres.

The human eye needs a minimum of 24FPS to give the illusion of smooth motion, that is not to say it can appreciate higher frame rates. Movie makes generally go for the minimal acceptable because of the high cost of film.

CRTs used to run at 25, i.e. 50hz interlaced image, so you are only getting 25 full frames a second, but that has changed in the last 10 years with newer TV's and higher refresh rates.

This article has a decent summary and explains differences between movies and games. Have a look if you are interested.

http://www.daniele.ch/school/30vs60/30vs60_3.html

GTA =/= Twitch.

That means Rocketpig don't care.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

As a long time PC gamer I can say that anything past 30FPS is generally a marginal improvement at best.

HOWEVER, there is a good reason why PC gamers obsess about frame rates: changes in frame rate, even very small ones, are easily detectable. Having a game go from 60FPS to 50FPS every time you look towards a densely populated area is really unnerving. I would rather play a game that always gets 30FPS than a game with a higher frame rate that doesn't always maintain it.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck