By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gta To run at 30fps..

Wow this topic come back up scary

Around the Network

If Grand Theft Auto IV is a solid 30 fps I will be very pleased. If it is not I will still enjoy this game.

All of the previous GTA games I played on PS2 did not have solid frame rates but they were still awesome games.

I will certainly not miss out on GTA IV!

as long as its a STABLE 30fps it should be great

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

twesterm said:
Non Sequor and hsrob are exactly right.

If you look at Madden running at a smooth and locked 30FPS and Madden running at a smooth and locked 60FPs both on a TV they really aren't going to look that different.

If you look at Madden running at 30FPS while dipping down to 27-28 FPS you're not going to notice (you might notice 27) but if you're looking at Madden running 60FPS and it drops down to 55 you're going to notice.

That's why (or one of the why's) this game is running at 30fPS and there's absolutely no problem with that. By locking the game at 30 you can have more things in any given scene and if the occasional small dip does happen you're not going to notice.

The people that are whining that this game isn't 60FPS and this is no longer a day one purchase are just silly sheep who really just pay attention to bright colors and what people tell them is cool/important.

==> +1 for twestern.

Time to Work !