By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gta To run at 30fps..

Just about any information we can locate on Grand Theft Auto IV should be considered big news, right? Well, it seems we've got some details on what to expect in terms of visuals, and it comes courtesy of 1Up's latest "1Up Yours" video.

As we all know, the GTA titles have never been the epitome of graphical greatness. Given the huge size of the cities, it's actually quite impressive that Rockstar could make the games look so good even with last-generation hardware. However, we've heard plenty of fantastic things about GTAIV; most specifically, the realism and detail of the surrounding environment. According to 1Up, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will run at 30 frames per second, and they look mostly identical to one another. Granted, the PS3 version of GTAIV is a touch behind in the development phase - which we already knew - but it will still launch at the same time as the 360 edition. Now, 30 fps may be unacceptable in the current world of first-person shooters, but if it's steady, it should work out just fine for GTAIV.

Thus far, we haven't heard anything significant that would distinguish the PS3 and 360 versions of the game, which is probably good news. This means that Rockstar has been telling the truth this whole time, and PS3 owners won't get shafted with the biggest release of 2008.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Opinions?

Around the Network

Well, you can't have everything

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

30FPS sucks.

Why can't it be 60?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

GTA is overrated, and after the saturation of GTA3 engine games I would hardly call GTA4 the biggest release of 2008. But hey kudos on the 30 FPS that's like the crappiest framerate I would consider acceptable.

Hell, with the screenshots we've seen so far, if it can look that good and run at a consistent 30 fps, I think it will be one eye-pleasing experience. I'm not a GTA fan myself, but I'm sure those who are won't have a problem with this.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Around the Network

I wouldn't consider 30fps a problem for a sandbox game like GTA.

The previous installments probably ran at a similar speed.

if it's rock solid 30fps then I have no issue, my only concern are the graphics, they don't seem to look that good, however, what really peaks my interest is the 'natural motion' animation the characters have which make them move and react more life like.

Now I've never been a fan of the GTA series, but GTA4 has really peaked my interest so I may end up getting it despite my concern with the graphics.

okay, honestly I expected it to be 60 fps... kinda surprised.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I don't think it being 30fps will worry too many potential buyers, as clearly the game isn't about graphics, from what we've seen so far... its pretty good actually that they're able to pull off a steady 30fps with all the stuff that'll be going on in the background

Why were people expecting Gears of War graphics on an open-world sandbox game? The graphics are a big step up from Just Cause and Saint's Row, and a small step up from Crackdown. These are the title's GTAIV's graphics should be compared to.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS