By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Discuss: Animal Crossing for WiiU

When will Animal Crossing for WiiU be released?

2015 11 25.00%

2016 24 54.55%

2017 0 0%

Franchise will skip WiiU 6 13.64%

See Results 3 6.82%

Total:44

The gamepad could be fun for pattern designs on outfits.

I wish could make Animals in my town, could put my cats in my town.

Around the Network

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Animal Crossing works as well on a console. To me the whole appeal of Animal Crossing was it's ability to be played on the move. Although I did love City Folk/Let's Go To The City I could never shake the feeling that I'd rather be under the covers with the game in my hands, rather than in front of a couch staring at a TV.

I mean, I'd play it if there was a Wii U release, but I would rather wait longer for another 3DS release. I have no doubt they'll do it eventually though.

You know what I'd love? The ability to have more than one town. That'd be wicked awesome.

]

Vikki said:
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Animal Crossing works as well on a console. To me the whole appeal of Animal Crossing was it's ability to be played on the move. Although I did love City Folk/Let's Go To The City I could never shake the feeling that I'd rather be under the covers with the game in my hands, rather than in front of a couch staring at a TV.

I mean, I'd play it if there was a Wii U release, but I would rather wait longer for another 3DS release. I have no doubt they'll do it eventually though.

You know what I'd love? The ability to have more than one town. That'd be wicked awesome.

Your opinion is probably more popular than mine.  I'm not a fan of handhelds.  I bought a ds...and never played it.  It's so much a commuter/backseat device.  When I drive, I'm driving...and I don't take mass transit too much.  So mostly I'm gaming at home.  Animal Crossing is a "get up in the morning, have some coffee, and take care of my chores" kind of game.  

Having multiple towns would definitely be cool...that way you could see where the animals go when they're tired of your town.

There's just so much more they could do with this game...but I'm worried they're going to just keep going with the limited advancements they keep making with each iteration.

And I think I'd really like them to not have the world rotate like it has been these last few games.  Top down is so much better.  Now that's probably a minority opinion.

super_etecoon said:
Vikki said:

Your opinion is probably more popular than mine.  I'm not a fan of handhelds.  I bought a ds...and never played it.  It's so much a commuter/backseat device.  When I drive, I'm driving...and I don't take mass transit too much.  So mostly I'm gaming at home.  Animal Crossing is a "get up in the morning, have some coffee, and take care of my chores" kind of game.  

Having multiple towns would definitely be cool...that way you could see where the animals go when they're tired of your town.

There's just so much more they could do with this game...but I'm worried they're going to just keep going with the limited advancements they keep making with each iteration.

And I think I'd really like them to not have the world rotate like it has been these last few games.  Top down is so much better.  Now that's probably a minority opinion.

Huh, different people I guess. To me Animal Crossing is a curled up under the covers game, but I do see what you mean by a  "wake up, coffee, chores" game. I certainly did enjoy City Folk though.

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Funny thing, often the animals go to the villages of people who've visited your town. I visited a friends town with my character and I spoke to one of the birds, and the next day he began leaving her town and moved in to mine. Little touches like that are awesome.

I do agree that they make far too few advancements with every sequel. City Folk was basically just Wild World with a train station, but New Leaf did make some big advancements IMO. The whole mayor thing was so cool.

I never actually played any of the top down ones D: My first was Wild World. I'll have to check out the GameCube version some time.

]

Will be a launch title for the Fusion platform in 2016. Maybe Wii U will get a port, but I doubt it. Earlier in the year Nintendo seemed iffy on whether or not it would be for Wii U or some "future hardware":

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/28/5555682/animal-crossing-interview-new-console-version-smartphones

"The current gameplay style of Animal Crossing is best suited for a portable device," Eguchi said, "but if we were to create an Animal Crossing for a home console, I think we would really have to invent a new style that's suitable for the platform. The environment in which the player is playing the game is very important, so we need to think that through before we start creating something like that.

"We might not have been able to do that for Wii," he said, "but whether it's the Wii U or a future hardware, it's important to think about what environment the player will be in."

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
I know this is probably the equivalent to dreaming in color but I'd really like AC:U to be more of an MMO in the sense that it's always connected to the internet. Friends can visit your town whenever they want (even when you're not there) and there's common goals (AKA quests to do).

Also, if you liked City Folk, you should give New Leaf a try, easily the series high point.

I don't know. I don't think they should try that this generation, wait until next. I do want to see an Animal Crossing U though, but maybe make this the last one with the traditional formula. I just think it's too big a risk, and seeing how laggy some online games are and this new Smash error is just terrible.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Vikki said:

I have only bought the handheld ones and I agree, but if they styled a Wii U version like New Leaf, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Soundwave said:
Will be a launch title for the Fusion platform in 2016. Maybe Wii U will get a port, but I doubt it. Earlier in the year Nintendo seemed iffy on whether or not it would be for Wii U or some "future hardware":

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/28/5555682/animal-crossing-interview-new-console-version-smartphones

"The current gameplay style of Animal Crossing is best suited for a portable device," Eguchi said, "but if we were to create an Animal Crossing for a home console, I think we would really have to invent a new style that's suitable for the platform. The environment in which the player is playing the game is very important, so we need to think that through before we start creating something like that.

"We might not have been able to do that for Wii," he said, "but whether it's the Wii U or a future hardware, it's important to think about what environment the player will be in."

That's terrible information for me.  So sad to see it.  The console experience is so awesome.  Even if it means that I have to watch my roommate or gf play the game while they take care of their "chores."  It creates a great sense of community in a household. It also rewards early risers who get to get out there and snag fossils.  I really hope that information they posted is just typical Nintendo denial.

super_etecoon said:
Soundwave said:

That's terrible information for me.  So sad to see it.  The console experience is so awesome.  Even if it means that I have to watch my roommate or gf play the game while they take care of their "chores."  It creates a great sense of community in a household. It also rewards early risers who get to get out there and snag fossils.  I really hope that information they posted is just typical Nintendo denial.

Well Fusion will likely be different hardware variants that all play the same games. So there almost certainly will be a home variant ... so you'll be able to play at home if you want (and buy the home version). It just won't be on Wii U, which is basically a lost cause for Nintendo at this point anyway. 

Soundwave said:
super_etecoon said:
Soundwave said:

Well Fusion will likely be different hardware variants that all play the same games. So there almost certainly will be a home variant ... so you'll be able to play at home if you want (and buy the home version). It just won't be on Wii U, which is basically a lost cause for Nintendo at this point anyway. 

WiiU is most certainly not a lost cause.  Plenty of games soon to come.  People have been sticking a fork in the system since it released (and in Nintendo before last gen).  Zelda U is still on the horizon, as are a plethora of really fun games.  The sales may not be there to support third parties, but there are plenty of consoles in the wild to support Nintendo's first party efforts...which is what Nintendo fans do anyway.