By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why would PS4 win December NPD?

Same reason it did all the months before November. Nothing changed. What can happen to reverse the trend is MS doing unsual things like they did in November and pull another slim win.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

hmm, its a tough question. I don't think the PS4 will but MS has had some stock problems in the past few weeks. If those happen in December, PS4 has a small chance of winning. Either way, I'm sure both will sell very similarly in December.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

vivster said:
prayformojo said:
Because only one of the three territories are buying Xbones and even in that one, it's not a blow out. Everywhere else will offset those numbers and then some.

You mean Europe's and Japan's numbers will help Sony in December NPD?

Interesting proposition.

No, I mean that NPD is one third of the equation so only focusing on that is pointless.

The PSX will have a lot of driving momentum. Also The Order and Bloodborne drop right out of the gate in 2014 while the X1 will have next to nothing exclusive wise.

Could go either way, but the reasons are there.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
Because only one of the three territories are buying Xbones and even in that one, it's not a blow out. Everywhere else will offset those numbers and then some.

Interesting proposition.

No, I mean that NPD is one third of the equation so only focusing on that is pointless.

Since this thread is about NPD I'm fairly certain that NPD numbers are 100% of the equation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:

Interesting proposition.

Since this thread is about NPD I'm fairly certain that NPD numbers are 100% of the equation.

NPD numbers are 1/3rd of the SALES EQUATION. Period.

prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:

Interesting proposition.

If I was a dick I would instantly click the report button for derailing but I'm not.

I advise you to adhere to the topic at hand. Are you also walking into Smash Bros threads starting to talk about UC4?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:

Interesting proposition.

The reason it is a point is because its pointless talking about worldwide and non ps4 gaming consoles at this point. Even if the XB1 did 500k outsell of PS4 for NOV and DEC, it still wouldn't matter WW, even though US would be neck and neck. 

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see XB1 outsell by as much as 300k in Nov, and be neck and neck in Dec US only ofc. Considering 1, stock isn't instantaneous, 2 retailers are going to get rid of PS4 stock as well so retailer drops are expected, DEC isn't in the bag for anyone, and that's assuming official prices stay where they are including bundles.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

vivster said:
prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:

Interesting proposition.

If I was a dick I would instantly click the report button for derailing but I'm not.

I advise you to adhere to the topic at hand. Are you also walking into Smash Bros threads starting to talk about UC4?

Uncharted 4 is THE best Smash Bros. game, though!

Shiken said:
The PSX will have a lot of driving momentum. Also The Order and Bloodborne drop right out of the gate in 2014 while the X1 will have next to nothing exclusive wise.

Could go either way, but the reasons are there.

So how many copies of The Order and Bloodborne do you expect will be sold the first month of release? Then guestimate how many will go to new console buyers.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.