By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. Wii: Week 55

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

1. Take highest current prediction

2. Add at least 1 million

3. Wait 4 data

4a. Undertracked/Actually Shipments if wrong

4b. B from future/wizard(ess) if right

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
super6646 said:

18-19 million, I'll agree, but nothing higher....

Assuming the 1.2m figure doesn't get adjusted down, the PS4 only needs to sell 2.7m in December to hit 19m. For reference, the PS3's lowest ever pre-8th gen December was 2.3m in 2008 (excluding 2007, since the PS3 hadn't released in the EU yet). Considering how much better the PS4 is doing than the PS3, i'd say 19m is almost guaranteed, bar massive supply issues. 

LordLichtenstein said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea! I am getting Deja Vu as well

"new" numbers came in, so I made a new thread, yes.

You should just make a single thread and bump it every week when new figures come in. It's tidier, and it's nice to be able to read through weeks of discussion and see how it changes over time.

Zekkyou said:
super6646 said:

18-19 million, I'll agree, but nothing higher....

Assuming the 1.2m figure doesn't get adjusted down, the PS4 only needs to sell 2.7m in December to hit 19m. For reference, the PS3's lowest ever pre-8th gen December was 2.3m in 2008 (excluding 2007, since the PS3 hadn't released in the EU yet). Considering how much better the PS4 is doing than the PS3, i'd say 19m is almost guaranteed, bar massive supply issues. 

Again, assuming the 1.2m figure doesn't get adjusted down, the PS4 only needs to sell an average of 542,538 units in the next 5 weeks, for it reach 19 million - and 742,538 to reach 20 million.

The way I see it, 20 million is already guaranteed. The only thing debatable now is, if it will reach 21 million.

LordLichtenstein said:

So just update your old one. This is almost the same exact thing with just a few different numbers. 

OT: Still no way. It'll reach 19-20 tops. The two major things going against it-

1. Currently most expensive ($50 more than Xbone and $100 than Wii U).

- The Wii was easily the cheapest during the same time period, over $150 cheaper than its closes rivals.

2. No killer games (Xbone has MCC, Wii U has Smash. The PS4 has LBP3. Yeah.)

- The Wii had Zelda: Twilight Princess Mario: Galaxy released at this time. I think that should tell you everything you need to know.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

At Playstation Experience Sony are going to announce PS4 has sold over 17million by the end of November, December will see PS4 sell at least another 3 million on top of that.

Personally I think higher than 21 million is very likely, maybe even close to 22m.

VanceIX said:

So just update your old one. This is almost the same exact thing with just a few different numbers. 

OT: Still no way. It'll reach 19-20 tops. The two major things going against it-

- The Wii was easily the cheapest during the same time period, over $150 cheaper than its closes rivals.

- The Wii had Zelda: Twilight Princess release at this time. I think that should tell you everything you need to know.

You know what; this post is ridiculous and wrong, on so many different levels, I don't even want to comment.

VanceIX said:
LordLichtenstein said:

- The Wii had Zelda: Twilight Princess release at this time. I think that should tell you everything you need to know.

yeah this was just a dumb post man

thedawghousev2 said:

yeah this was just a dumb post man

LordLichtenstein said:

You know what; this post is ridiculous and wrong, on so many different levels, I don't even want to comment.

How so? I put Twilight Princess in (meant Mario Galaxy, got the release dates mixed up), but other than that, I stand by my post. The Wii had Galaxy and cheapness on its side during holiday 2007, the PS4 has neither.

I don't think I'm the one with the ridiculous post here. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

This is just crazy. It's gonna snowball like hell in Europe next year, China comes in, Japan may well catch on a little (nothing crazy but a bigger contribution weekly), and perhaps a pricecut in the Fall? How high can this thing get?

PS3 only had what like 19m after its THIRD holiday!? PS4 is about to do that and more after its SECOND! With the natural growth of a console in its second full year I can only imagine the heights it can achieve considering that console its grinding into dust sold 83m and counting.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers