By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction For Amiibos! Pokemon Gen 7 Will Be Using it as well as Cards like... (Pls Read :-D

Bold and Wishful Prediction For Amiibos! Pokemon Gen 7 Will Be Using Them...

MY PREDICTION ON POKEMON + AMIIBOS!!! 

So let me say i think Amiibos need 1 huge franchise that revolves all around them. Something like SSB but instead of a fighter, more in the lines of an RPG or an action (maybe platformer?) game. But that for another day! Lets talk about what i think they'll do with pokemon and amiibos!!!

Lets start off with FACTS and How all this will work. We all know N3DS will have Amiibo functionality. We all know that 3ds has/will have around a 50mil lifetime userbase (excluding N3DS #s). We all know Pokemon is a 10mil+ userbase franchise. 

That said i believe Pokemon Gen 7 will be a 3ds game. Though a successor for 3ds might be out, i dont think Gamefreak will let the userbase go so quickly (look at BW+BW2 for example). So imo i believe the game will have N3ds enhanced features. Mostly amiibos! 

First up there will be 2 types of amiibos. The first being a Mega Evolution Pokemon only. The pokemon figure could be either the mega evolution itself or the base form or the Final Stage (i dunno, pick one!).

Also available in amiibo cards that showcase every pokemon in the family (Ex: A Venasaur Amiibo Card which features Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur/Mega Venasaur on the card!)

⇒Functionality: Each amiibo figure/card will allow the user on the N3ds/successor to easily breed pokemon of user choice in nature/IVs/EVs/abilitys. Also each amiibo will have a usally hard to get breeding move. Option of making it Shiny or even an exclusive Color? Customize it and train it as you like

2nd type of amiibo being just a pokeball amiibo!

⇒Pokeball Amiibo: This (should be a pack in for many of the retail copies like poke walker) will allow a party up to 6 pokemon be saved into the amiibo. Bringing it across to the WiiU or to another friends n3ds so they can battle, trade, etc. Im sure you guys can think of something better for this^

So thoughts??? :'(

Around the Network

i dont think the first typ will be sed, the 2nd, maybe. but it would need alot of work in other games.

I can live with it

Click HERE and be happy 

Damn, 700+ types of Pokemon amiibo's!!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
Hmm, I would rather they didn't. Even if they did, I'd want it to affect Pokemon as little as possible.

I just don't like the idea of Amiibos. Pokemon has always been everything in one game, to make it use microtransactions like these could be really really bad.

I get wat you mean, thats why my idea was not to do that. You get the full experience in the game even without amiibo, but with 1 additional feature. Not like thy'll make you pay for a mewtwo amiibo and thts the only way to get mewtwo in the game. Tht i understand pissing people off. Wat i mean is just pokemon you personally like and customize.

Ex: lets say Gengar is your favorite pokemon. You buy the figurine or an easy budget way of the cards (im guessing like $4.99 for 2 or 3 pokemon cards?) and now you have access to Making a customizable Ghastly. Weither that be Shiny, max EVs, Good Speed or Special Atk Nature, Etc! 

You can do this regularly but it takes hours/days/weeks  just to do one, but with this... Your favorites are done nice and easy. :)

All features will be in the game, the amiibo's just offer a great experience in raising pokemon etc. No microtransavtions...!

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
Damn, 700+ types of Pokemon amiibo's!!!!

Oh man... Read my Op!!! It wouldn't be 700+! If it realeased now it be about 50 at most, at that time it be no more than 100!!!

Also Amiibo Cards!!!

You can't even begin to imagine how pissed i'd be if Gamefreak held back yet another generation to outdated hardware. If we're getting games like Xenoblade one the N3DS, there the next Pokemon damn well either be N3DS exclusive and that impressive, or on the 3DS successor.

That sounds anti-consumer, in my opinion.

spemanig said:
You can't even begin to imagine how pissed i'd be if Gamefreak held back yet another generation to outdated hardware. If we're getting games like Xenoblade one the N3DS, there the next Pokemon damn well either be N3DS exclusive and that impressive, or on the 3DS successor.

Pokemon Z should be coming out 2016 (unless its a 2015 title which i doubt but who knows). N3DS Comes next year to the West. I dont see a successor intill 2017 imo. So a gen 7 pokemon might release 2017 and 2018 (new gen + Direct sequels) so i dont think Intill gen 8 we'll get it for the successor.

The N3DS should have enhancements, not be exclusive. Thats losing a 50mil userbase right there, thats why i think amiibos should be a focus here for those that have aN3ds^

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I suppose doing it like that wouldn't be so bad, but what if they don't stop there? It's just something I could see them including bonus content with to get more Amiibos sold.

Nah they wont. This is gamefreak, not Ubisoft

Looking at gamefreaks track record, i dont think they ever rip anybody off. Look at the past. HGSS free poke walker, Free DLC for everything (legendary events, exclusive items, etc. Ex: Diancie + Mega Diancie).

I mean i be really surprised if they changed their way but i doubt it. Doing Amiibo figurines + cards like in the Op, will not change pokemon games quality, still have the 14mil+ userbase, and they'll get the extra profits from amiibos figres/cards. No need to go ahead and start with [need amiibo for post game] or something similar to that