By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many 3DS titles will reach 1 million units sold?

How many 3DS games will reach the 1M sold units?

34. No other game will reach a million. 5 4.31%

38. 4 3.45%

40. 14 12.07%

45. 13 11.21%

50 31 26.72%

55 12 10.34%

60 11 9.48%

70 5 4.31%

100 9 7.76%

All 3DS games will reach 1M. 12 10.34%

Total:116
Kerotan said:
i said 50. which is really bad for nintendo. their handheld software doesn't paint a pretty picture.

50 is bad? Really?

1. HH's in general are at a huge decline overall (tablets/mobile/etc)

2. How many games are there even for the 3ds? Its not like their are many developers for the system compared to ps/ms home consoles! And many games from japanese developers are either Japan only and/or niche.

PS4 in just 1 year has over 35% of 3ds total for amount of games. Next year will easily be over 65% in total.

Besides out of 50 million sellers, Nintendo will problably have the only 10mil+ sellers that are exclusives anyway^

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:
i said 50. which is really bad for nintendo. their handheld software doesn't paint a pretty picture.

50 is bad? Really?

2. How many games are there even for the 3ds? Its not like their are many developers for the system compared to ps/ms home consoles! And many games from japanese developers are either Japan only and/or niche.

PS4 in just 1 year has over 35% of 3ds total for amount of games. Next year will easily be over 65% in total.

Besides out of 50 million sellers, Nintendo will problably have the only 10mil+ sellers that are exclusives anyway^

it doesn't change the fact it's bad. I know the market is dying because of tablets/smartphones and that is a massive contributing factor. It's still bad!

And do you not think Halo 5 and GT5 will sell over 10M? Hell TLOU is nearly at 10M copies sold between PS3/PS4.

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

50 is bad? Really?

it doesn't change the fact it's bad. I know the market is dying because of tablets/smartphones and that is a massive contributing factor. It's still bad!

And do you not think Halo 5 and GT5 will sell over 10M? Hell TLOU is nearly at 10M copies sold between PS3/PS4.

Well i guess thats opinionated. Because overall some of the games sold extremely well. I didnt kno there had to be a certain amount of million sellers to be considered bad/good/etc.

And like i previously pointed out, there arent going to be nowhere near as close games for 3ds lifecycle compared to the ds/psp/ and home consoles (exclding WiiU).

"And do you not think Halo 5 and GT5 will sell over 10M? Hell TLOU is nearly at 10M copies sold between PS3/PS4." I said Exclusive as in on 1 system. Halo has a chance of course being MS biggest franchise, but wats GT5? You mean GTA5? It wont hit 10mil lifetime on ps4. A for TLoU, your combining PS3 sales. I was talking exclusive to a system. There will be plenty of multiplats that hit over 10mil this gen no doubt, but on just one system i think Nintendo will have the top 3. (exclusives)

tbone51 said:

Well i guess thats opinionated. Because overall some of the games sold extremely well. I didnt kno there had to be a certain amount of million sellers to be considered bad/good/etc.

And like i previously pointed out, there arent going to be nowhere near as close games for 3ds lifecycle compared to the ds/psp/ and home consoles (exclding WiiU).

"And do you not think Halo 5 and GT5 will sell over 10M? Hell TLOU is nearly at 10M copies sold between PS3/PS4." I said Exclusive as in on 1 system. Halo has a chance of course being MS biggest franchise, but wats GT5? You mean GTA5? It wont hit 10mil lifetime on ps4. A for TLoU, your combining PS3 sales. I was talking exclusive to a system. There will be plenty of multiplats that hit over 10mil this gen no doubt, but on just one system i think Nintendo will have the top 3. (exclusives)

I said GT5 but I meant to say GT as in Gran Turismo. It hit it a few times on PS2 and on PS3 with GT5. I don't see how it matters if the game is exclusive or not. It doesn't decide if the platform did better or not it just matters if a games sells over 10M or not. 

PS2 #325 (Prob more)

PS1 #206

Wii #154

PS3 #222 (Prob hit 250 in the end)

Xbox 360 216 (Prob hit 250 as well)

Nintendo DS #136

I consider all those console to have great software numbers. I know 3DS will sell a lot less and that's one of the main reasons for the low number of million sellers. Currently at #34. 

You can try argue the software ratio is good (i've no idea if it is) but I cn't say myself I think the total software is good. It has to be worrying for Nintendo how much software has decreased for them. 

yoshi's new island/ New Youkai Watch/ Mario Tennis/ Professor Layton (once America numbers are included)/ New Style Boutique & Art Academy (when they adjust the sales)/ Zelda Majora's Mask/ Bravely Second/ Xenoblade?/ New unannounced games?..

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

I said GT5 but I meant to say GT as in Gran Turismo. It hit it a few times on PS2 and on PS3 with GT5. I don't see how it matters if the game is exclusive or not. It doesn't decide if the platform did better or not it just matters if a games sells over 10M or not. 

I was thinking you meant Gran Turismo, but the fact that you had 5 on there threw me off.  If anything, wouldn't you mean GT7?

MDMAlliance said:
Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

I was thinking you meant Gran Turismo, but the fact that you had 5 on there threw me off.  If anything, wouldn't you mean GT7?

i fucked up lol. yeah i was basically saying PS4 might have an exclusive 10M seller. My bets are on GT7 or TLOU 2. It will have plenty of 10M sellers over all though. 

+50.

MK7 about to hit 10. Next week it will.

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

i fucked up lol. yeah i was basically saying PS4 might have an exclusive 10M seller. My bets are on GT7 or TLOU 2. It will have plenty of 10M sellers over all though. 

Don't forget Uncharted 4. There's a decent chance that could hit 10M as well

i just don't see it. I think the series has peaked. the increased PS4 sales will offset the natural decline it would have seen since U3. That's my guess anyway but would lose to be wrong.