By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dead or Alive fighting series vs Tekken

Dead or Alive for me. I like the easy pick up and play and the fast pace.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Dead or Alive. Tekken is too convoluted for me. I'm not a big fan of fighting games.

For me definetly DoA over Tekken. I kinda like tekken but it's always felt slightly stiff.

Of the big fighting franchises I think DoA may actually be my overall favourite.

Soul Calibur amazing in single player but for multiplayer button mashing is just a far too viable option. I completly SC2 weapon master on hard yet I can still be beat by my friends button mashing sometimes X.x

Street Fighter - Feels stiff.

MK - Again feels kinda stiff. By stiff I mean each move is just like punch. stop. kick. stop.

Virtua fighter - Requires way too much time. Seriously if you haven't learned every combo for your characters it's not even worth playing =/

Tekken - okay but not great. Watching guys in the arcade as well it seems like really all they try and do is knock each other up into the air so they can juggle away half their health.

So for me
1.DoA
2. SC
3.Tekken
4.mk or sf don't care much
5.Mk or SF don't care lol
6. Virtua fighter X.x too much practice needed.

I really loved the counter system in DoA4. Iirc there were 4 different ones to block different attacks. So it was a powerful counter system but also you couldn't just spam it as you would only have a one in four chance of winning. Only problem with DoA4 is the computer A.I. is brutal sometimes. I've lost matches having every single move of mine countered>_

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

i like doa for its graphics. the "girls" and their jiggles are pleasent to look at hehe
plus the stages are cool. but the evil cpu ai reverses your attackes like there's no tomorrow! plus they have esp!!! and dont get me started about the final bosses...eeeeviiillllll!!!!! and super cheezy too!

tekken on the otherhand is a bit more complex and requires more skill imo. but like doa, final bossess = eeeevvillll!!! and cheezy too!

but street fighter ii the world warriors ftw

A lot more DoA votes in the Sony forum then expected. :P But then it was multiplatform at one point.

I for one love the Tekken series. I usually end up comparing most other fighting games to it, especially 3. DoA was in my view sub sub par compared. The graphics were nice and the idea of changing backgrounds and breakable objects were fine but that is not what a fighting game is about, it's about fighting (and especially not about pretty CG Girls who's boobs bounce and wear outfits that give obvious panty shots all the time). And out of all modern fighting games, I think Tekken has it down to an art.

I like Tekken easily by a long mile.

Whether DoA will be on the PS3...I doubt it at this time as MS seems to have taken the franchise, is Temco now owned by MS?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

^i hope not. still wishing for a tekken vs doa game hahaha

If by boobs I say DOA but if in my gameplay preferences tekken comes to mind.

The Tekken series stands victorious over the bloody corpses of every other fighting game ever made. It simply doesn't have any competition, and certainly not from a 90lb weakling like DoA! If you think otherwise, there can be only one explanation: you are a pussy.

My advice is to start out learning a noob character like Christie or Lili and just mash the kick buttons. Once you become more comfortable with the control scheme you can graduate to more advanced characters. You only need to learn a handful of moves to be able to put up a decent fight, but the beauty is that there are always more to learn. There are hundreds of moves that don't even appear in the command lists.

Tekken 6 is the main reason I would choose a PS3 over a 360. For over a decade, Tekken has provided the best 2-player action available on any platform, and it sickens me that it isn't getting more love.

DOA?? are you kidding me? a part from bouncing boobs that game has nothing going for it... it has the shallowest fighting mechanics ever, as much as i love kasumi, it pains me to play that game.

Learn to play tekken, you don't need to be a nerd.. hell, Noone will ever pull a tenstring on me, you just need to know when to attack, when to defend, and when to counterattack, and if you think tekken is slow paced i invite you to play against a real player and then comeback and will discuss it.

DOA... come on!! at least say soul calibur, but DOA? you might as well say rumble roses...

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

I have played both Tekken 1,2 and 3 all Tekken games were so meh. I have played Dead or Alive Ultimate that had Dead Alive 1 and 2 on it on XBox that was good. I have played Dead or Alive 4 on 360 that was a good fighter game. I have played Virtua Fighter 5 on both PS3 and 360 and that was the best of the lot and the best fighter game ever.
Virtua Fighter>DoA>>>>>Tekken