By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dead or Alive fighting series vs Tekken

Hey guys

As you might know I am a proud PS3 owner and I use to have Xbox before PS3.The only thing I miss from xbox is dead or alive franchise since I am into fighting games.After I got the PS3 I got the Tekken online and I ahve to say I am quite disappointed in tekken as of now.

I use to play dead or alive 3 released in 2004 .The game is fast paced and lots of destructable enviroments.Some of you may disagree but after playing tekken online,all I can say honestly is that it cannot touch dead or alive IMO.

Tekken is so freakin stiff the characters don't move fast and the counter attack system is really weak(not to metion the graphics which aree joke compared to even dead or alive 3 which was created in 2004)  .Good thing with dead or alive was that you didn't need to be a freaking nerd (to memorize all the moves) before you could enjoy the game .In tekken I ahve to memorize all of the moves so that the player can speed up abit.with Dead or alive, you just pick up the controller and you are already having fun.

As I ve said before ,I m not a sony fanboy and I will give  credit were it's due and after spending quilty time palying both of these games, I feel that dead or alive is a better fighting game IMO.

So I was just wondering who here (PS3/2 owners) would like to see this franchise on PS3??am I the only one?

Cheers 

Around the Network

Imo, DoA is too much of a button masher. I could come in a total noob and manage to win a few fights against my friends who've played for months. That's not good. :|

Virtua Fighter 5, in comparison, is the complete opposite. It's a very technical fighter, that involves insanely complex combos. I could never figure any of them out, so I was always quick to give up on that series.

Tekken, however, is in the middle, though it leans more on the side of Virtua Fighter. It's much easier to get into than VF, but it still takes a good bit of playing to master, and it's hard to win fights without at least some practice (against other people, I mean. The comp is generally pretty easy to beat).

In the end, I definitely prefer Tekken out of the three. In Tekken, good players actually have an edge, unlike DoA, and it doesn't require hours of practice to become at least decent, like VF.

But in the end, SSB trumps them all. :P

DoA is rock/paper/scissors.  Once you learn to read the enemy, you never lose.

Tekken is... mediocre.

I'll take DoA.

I don't like DOA because it's all flashy and shiney without much content or depth.

Tekken has an almost infinite amount of depth, and, I think, just enough flash.

In short, Tekken>DoA.

VF I never got into past #2.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

makingmusic476 said:
Imo, DoA is too much of a button masher. I could come in a total noob and manage to win a few fights against my friends who've played for months. That's not good. :|

Virtua Fighter 5, in comparison, is the complete opposite. It's a very technical fighter, that involves insanely complex combos. I could never figure any of them out, so I was always quick to give up on that series.

Tekken, however, is in the middle, though it leans more on the side of Virtua Fighter. It's much easier to get into than VF, but it still takes a good bit of playing to master, and it's hard to win fights without at least some practice (against other people, I mean. The comp is generally pretty easy to beat).

In the end, I definitely prefer Tekken out of the three. In Tekken, good players actually have an edge, unlike DoA, and it doesn't require hours of practice to become at least decent, like VF.

But in the end, SSB trumps them all. :P

Dead or alive is crazy fast paced which I like .Also graphics man ,have you seen dead or alive graphics??

when is tekken gonna implement some nice destructable environment like dead or alive (throwing off the character from a high rise through the glass or breaking all the light signs in the street) .

Around the Network

DOA, but to be honest im not a massive fan of any fighting games, so I doubt I'll ever do more than rent either of these series next installments.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Can you really compare DOA with Tekken?

DOA have boobs but Tekken got depth

I love boobs though

stclam said:
Can you really compare DOA with Tekken?

DOA have boobs but Tekken got depth

I love boobs though

yea maybe that's why I m leanin towards DOA lol.

I kinda like Dead or Alive more, although I do enjoy Tekken.

Didn't Dead or Alive 3 come out in 2001?

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)