By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Sony will announce "over 17m sold" at Playstation Experience (December 6)

Ninsect said:
Aura7541 said:

It's possible that the PS4 will hit the 17M mark, but I think it'll fall just a teensy bit short. Sony can probably say "we will have sold over 17 million PS4's in just a few days".

You would be right based on VGC numbers

Do you think PS4 is undertracked and if so, by how much?

Around the Network

I dont think they will(or need) to say a thing until it hits 20m.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Personally I'm thinking more like 17.5M at this point. VG Chartz still has it at under 10M for when Sony announced they'd sold well over 10M back in August, at least 10.2 seems likely for then, if not 10.5M for Gamescom. I think Destiny week is too low as well, should be 200K higher, Driveclub week could add another 200K on top of that and finally I think the week COD AW came out should be far higher, at least another 300K.

Assuming a low end figure I think VG Chartz is still out by 1M units, on the higher it could be 1.3M, so IMO it's already sold over 16M, maybe 16.5 by the week ending the 22nd of November. Black Friday is going to add another million more units, so I could see Sony announcing they've sold 17.5M.

Do you not think they will copy MS's spin and say almost 20M PS4's sold. And the almost means in 3 weeks time we will have sold over 20M. But all the news outlets like they did for the Xbox 10M spin will report it as gospel.

Not very honest but you need to fight fire with fire. Will make MS think twice about doing what they did instead of being straight up and honest.

Aura7541 said:
Ninsect said:
Aura7541 said:

It's possible that the PS4 will hit the 17M mark, but I think it'll fall just a teensy bit short. Sony can probably say "we will have sold over 17 million PS4's in just a few days".

You would be right based on VGC numbers

Do you think PS4 is undertracked and if so, by how much?

It's possible but I can't really prove that. Well it is still undertracked in Germany for one.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

17m shipped yes but it seems early for sold through

ryuzaki57 said:

Shipped would be close to 20m at that point.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ppl keep using black Friday in their predictions, yet I barely see anyone using cyber Monday. Cyber Monday will see even more massive sales. I believe 17 million also.

Ninsect said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Shipped would be close to 20m at that point.

Yeah I think 3 million shipped a month in the holiday quarter is likely. Sony will have ramped up production by the end of September, stockpiling units to make sure they have enough stock to fill demand well into the new year, they won't want to run out of units on shelves.

19.5M shipped by the end of this month is probably pretty bang on, with 22.5M to 23M likely by the end of 2014.

I think the sale potential is there for over 22M now and that could rise a fair bit after the Playstation Experience event.

I think that is POSSIBLE 18,000,000 !!!

Have sold 15,1M for VGChartz, and is still undertracked by a lot.
Will sell some like 1,2000,000 the blackfriday week and 900,000 the first week of December.

2,100,000 for a total of 17,200,000 by 6 December.
PS4 is massive undertracked, i'm not schoked if the gap between VGC and really sales is 800K.