By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All 14 Main Pokemon Games Shipments! UPDATE: XY 15.64mil (Can It Overtake RS?) ORAS 13.18mil!

Do we have digital numbers for XY???

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
leedlelee said:
Do we have digital numbers for XY???

Not exact #s, but that 13.29mil figure includes digital+shipped. so im guessing about 13mil sold (290k on store shelves maybe less!

Lucas-Rio said:
Smear-Gel said:
I dont think X and Y will continue selling too well compared to last gens for a few reasons:

1) No update for X and Y for ORAS moves or megas, AND all X/Y Megastones available in ORAS makes X and Y 100% obselete.

2) A lot of people seemed to really not like it.

In some strange reality maybe, but in real world, XY is a very liked game.

It will reach 15 millions without any problem.

A lot of people dont like it. Framerate problems, zero post game compared to previous gens, a more barebones story compared to gen v  and fatigue from the franchise becoming yearly being primary reasons for the complaints.

Smear-Gel said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Smear-Gel said:
I dont think X and Y will continue selling too well compared to last gens for a few reasons:

1) No update for X and Y for ORAS moves or megas, AND all X/Y Megastones available in ORAS makes X and Y 100% obselete.

A lot of people dont like it. Framerate problems, zero post game compared to previous gens, a more barebones story compared to gen v  and fatigue from the franchise becoming yearly being primary reasons for the complaints.

That's the exact same  complain from the very same person.

Cool graphics and locations, refined strategy, mega evolutions for the most beloved Pokemons, it's the fresher Pokemon game in a while.

15 million is a given (already 13.3 millions).

Lucas-Rio said:
Smear-Gel said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Smear-Gel said:

Cool graphics and locations, refined strategy, mega evolutions for the most beloved Pokemons, it's the fresher Pokemon game in a while.

No, I see the complaints everywhere, really. And a bunch more. I hate using me as an example but my whole newsfeed on fb is people asking if ORAS is better than X and Y because they were dissapointed/bored in a week.

I dont even hate the game myself (I dont even have it, but I want it) but I know a lot of people werent thrilled with it.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Smear-Gel said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Smear-Gel said:

No, I see the complaints everywhere, really. And a bunch more. I hate using me as an example but my whole newsfeed on fb is people asking if ORAS is better than X and Y because they were dissapointed/bored in a week.

I dont even hate the game myself (I dont even have it, but I want it) but I know a lot of people werent thrilled with it.

Not more than any other Pokemon and probably less people.

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:

That reminds me.

Pretty sure someone had a bet about this.

oh i forgot about that^ I hope it gets to 15mil, but 14mil is the safe bet for now. 710k will happen especially with this holiday should shipanother 500k 

What happened to the 18M prediction?

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:

That reminds me.

Pretty sure someone had a bet about this.

oh i forgot about that^ I hope it gets to 15mil, but 14mil is the safe bet for now. 710k will happen especially with this holiday should shipanother 500k 

What happened to the 18M prediction?

There is a difference.  I predicted 18mil as in i hope it gets to 18mil. I expected 15mil-18mil. You on the other hand didn't think it was possible to surpass 12mil, it did under 4 months.

I was wrong with a prediction, i admit, now you admit you were dead wrng and we'll leave it at that.

I think ORAS came too early, it can ruin XY chances too reach BW.
ORAS also wont break the 12M FRLG mark.
So, it will probably be the minimum sales pokemon gen.

X and Y I still think has a fair shot to pass Black and White, not too sure about ORAS but 10-12 million sounds about right.