By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Germany PS4 is over 1 million now but it is a bit undertracked yet because it reached 1 million in middle October.

Waiting UK but I think it is a bit undertracked too.

US is overtracked right now.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:

In that case...Why is Sony a requirement? Plenty of good new IP from 3rd parties.

Because I've always enjoyed Nintendo and Sony's first party line-up a lot more than third party games. Plus I can buy those on my PC, most of them anyway. For me consoles only hold value if they have good exclusive games on it. Of course there are plenty of people out there who see it differently. To each their own. 

But now you call Sony's games crap so clearly something has changed. Maybe you should give 3rd parties a chance. Games like Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4 etc.

How good is your PC? Can it run the latest games in better quality than PS4 and as fluidly?

It's better than a PS4 yes (though it's definitely not a state of the art thing). Just because some of Sony's games are crap doesn't mean all of them will be crap. I'm sure Uncharted and the next GoW will be top quality. Shadow of Mordor is on my wish list because I like Lotr, but not a fan of Far Cry. 

Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:

He probably means that there is no Mario, Zelda or Smash on the systems and thus no games

More like no Nathan Drake, no Kratos, no new IP from Sony, etc.

Although I would love a Zelda like game on the PS4. Darksiders I & II is what comes closest on the 7th gen consoles sadly (or Okami HD, but that's a remake). You'd think this genre would be a lot more popular given how great such games can be. And sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not a big Smash fan. Though the PS4 could use a good Kart racer à la Mario Kart. I loved Crash Team Racing when I was younger. 

And yeah, the PS4 could use a decent 3D platformer instead of that Knack crap. And that game sold way too well, even if we ignore the fact that it came bundled in Japan. So there's definitely a market for it on the PS4. 

DriveClub is a new IP. Knack is a new IP. Nathan Drake is next year. Kratos will be there.

Driveclub doesn't work properly (5.5 user score on metacritic lol) and Knack is crap. 

I'll specify: good IP! 

DriveClub single player completely works and Multiplayer works (except challenges and with some issues most of the time now). User score on metacritic is stupid way to asses a game and if you are a racing fan then you will surely like DriveClub. Also Knack is not a crap and its just that game was made very simple gameplay controls with childrens mind as co-op instead of hardcore game. So every review complained only the gameplay is simple and boring for hardcore gamers but everything else is good with good content overall like an average game. That's why it sold reasonably even though half of them are bundled still people bought it and its not a crap game (Recent Sonic game from Wii U is what a crap means).

EDIT: PS4 is a gaming machine with 3rd party, indies and exclusives mixed with best of everything not a exclusive machine like Wii U, it tries to cater every kind of gamer with diveristy and provides oppurtunity for every developer like 3rd party or indie to make money.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Dat PS4 domination. 50 % market Share before 2015, I say.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

biglittlesps said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:

He probably means that there is no Mario, Zelda or Smash on the systems and thus no games

Although I would love a Zelda like game on the PS4. Darksiders I & II is what comes closest on the 7th gen consoles sadly (or Okami HD, but that's a remake). You'd think this genre would be a lot more popular given how great such games can be. And sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not a big Smash fan. Though the PS4 could use a good Kart racer à la Mario Kart. I loved Crash Team Racing when I was younger. 

And yeah, the PS4 could use a decent 3D platformer instead of that Knack crap. And that game sold way too well, even if we ignore the fact that it came bundled in Japan. So there's definitely a market for it on the PS4. 

DriveClub is a new IP. Knack is a new IP. Nathan Drake is next year. Kratos will be there.

Driveclub doesn't work properly (5.5 user score on metacritic lol) and Knack is crap. 

DriveClub single completely player works and Multiplayer works (except challenges and with some issues most of the time now). User score on metacritic is stupid way to asses a game and if you are a racing fan then you will surely like DriveClub. Also Knack is not a crap and its just that game was made very simple gameplay controls with childrens mind as co-op instead of hardcore game. So every review complained only the gameplay is simple and boring for hardcore gamers but everything else is good with good content overall like an average game. That's why it sold reasonably even though half of them are bundled still people bought it and its not a crap game (Recent Sonic game from Wii U is what a crap means).

I think just the ip sonic is crap in general XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
thelalaby said:
kowenicki said:

The WiiU had a bigger boost than the ONE in the UK this week... yeah, course it did.

Xbone had Halo and tons of bundles last week though, so naturally this week would not see a big increase, relatively speaking. Wii U's increase is rather believable honestly, considering we are in late November now and Wii U did not have a bump last week from software or bundles.

Xbox was down last week actually.  So, sorry, but no this isnt believable.

In any case, I dont care what happened last week... look at the software chart.  The Xbox ONE will have had a boost bigger than the WiiU this week.  No question about it. 

The week before Halo was Cod

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:
Teeqoz said:
Samus Aran said:

The fact that you used Metacritic userscore to support your argument pretty much discredits everything you say.

The fact that you think Driveclub isn't a broken mess descredits everything you say.

;)

Look at user scores of NIntendo games, they're almost always the same as the critic score. So are you saying the critic score also holds no value? 

that's because every PS exclusive on Metacritic has a load of Xbox fanboys giving it a zero user score and every Xbox exclusive has PS fanboys giving it a load of zero scores. 

Look at all the hyped up exclusives and look at all the zero ratings. Wii doesn't get that because that console is utterly irrelivant to the average fanboy. And I believe the same happens with reiews. Critics are less critical of Wii games compared to PS4/X1. 

You're kidding right? Critics are less critical for PS4 games... If Nintendo ever released a broken game like Assassins Creed: Unity or Driveclub it would get destroyed by these critics. It wouldn't come close to 74%.

And the reason Driveclub scores so low is because the game is broken, not because of XBOX fanboys. Though I will admit that this does happen for other games, but I didn't cite those. 

reggin_bolas said:
I feel like this is overdue revenge for the Wii's glory days. PS4 outselling the Wii and the Wii U is the worst selling Nintendo console since Virtual Boy.

Consumers just sent a clear message to Nintendo. Wii F@ck U lol.

Too bad Nintendo is actually making money...

Kerotan said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Looks like the great GOTY Smash Bros wasn't strong enough to even remotely threaten PS4/X1 domination...

Btw where are the dudes who said Smash would surefire beat GTAV

And holy sh** at EU PS4!  EU PS4 on normal week flattened US PS4 on Black Friday!!!!!!!

US BF week is next week. Also there are 2 games on PS4 with a better rating than your GOTY SSB. The last of US 96/100 and GTA 5 97/100. 

*InB4 those games don't count.

Oh sorry, mixed the dates -_-' so that means even bigger figures next week!

OfficerRaichu15 said:
biglittlesps said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:

DriveClub single completely player works and Multiplayer works (except challenges and with some issues most of the time now). User score on metacritic is stupid way to asses a game and if you are a racing fan then you will surely like DriveClub. Also Knack is not a crap and its just that game was made very simple gameplay controls with childrens mind as co-op instead of hardcore game. So every review complained only the gameplay is simple and boring for hardcore gamers but everything else is good with good content overall like an average game. That's why it sold reasonably even though half of them are bundled still people bought it and its not a crap game (Recent Sonic game from Wii U is what a crap means).

I think just the ip sonic is crap in general XD

If you think Sonic IP is a crap then why did Nintendo allowed this crap? Most claim Nintendo exclusives(I know this is not Nintendo IP but its a exclusive for their plaform with a deal from SEGA) as Nintendo seal of quality which is trustable but why this exclusive is crap? What happened to Nintendo seal?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.