By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 at 250K US preorders by release? FW sales prediction?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

250K? Are you kidding? 7 14.29%

It'll do even better! 38 77.55%

It's gonna start going d... 4 8.16%

Total:49

So upon looking at the US Preorders as of Nov 22nd is at 131K, and is finally starting to increase in preorder numbers week on week. I can honeslty see this having anywhere between 250K to 300K preorders in the US by launch, which, combined with EU and JP sales, could lead to anywhere from 600K to 750K FW sales. Overall, I'd say that's pretty damn good for a brand new IP, and one that's been seeing a fair ammopunt of negativity in it's previews. What do you all think?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

It won't cross 200k FW. Plus I think 250k is still too much. Regardless I am getting it.

daredevil.shark said:
It won't cross 200k FW. Plus I think 250k is still too much. Regardless I am getting it.

I've got some confidence in it. That and I'm being really hopeful it does well enough for Sony and R@D to justify making it a series. The first one might end up mediocre, but the setting can allow for some amazing sequels, especially if they take the same route ND did with Uncharted.

Regardless, it's one of my top 3 most anticipated for next year and a definite Day 1 buy. :D

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'm gonna wait for the new preview at the Playstation Event, if it still looks like one giant cutscene with QTE's then I'd be worried.

Should still do above 250k FW in the US though.

Again, don't believe preorders on this site. They are most probably wrong as stated many times before.

Around the Network

Hopefully it does better. Haven't pre-ordered a game in years, will be a day one purchase for me though if manages scores of 7's and up.

site is wrong
but all sony games have perfomed pretty well
200-300k usa fw ( if 80-90meta)
210k for europe
20k in japan

I expect a great opening, maybe 400K+.

Sales after that depend on how good the game is.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm a bit worried about this game. It really needs to wow at it's next showing (PS Experience) and with it's launch trailer. It needs to show something we haven't seen yet, a bit of diversity and some well constructed game-play sections .

If what we've seen so far is truly the extent of the game, I could see it potentially getting smashed by critics and its legs cut out from underneath it.

So, possibly ~300k first week 1.5-2m lifetime. If it somehow manages to break the recent curse of under-performing games and actually reviews well (80's), it could go higher.

700-800K First week.

2-3m Lifetime.

Hoping for the best.