By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I get PS4 or Xbox One? A WiiU owner

PS4 or Xbox One

PS4 FTW!! 308 62.47%

Xbox One All the Way! 126 25.56%

DONT CARE ABOUT YOU! 32 6.49%

I am a fanboy and wont state my opinion 27 5.48%

Total:493

If you are talking about upcoming exclusives being more interesting on XBOX.....that only really applies to 2014. In 2015 the PS4 will have a tonne more in pretty much every category of game.

My suggestion is PS4 - more potential, games (pretty much all) look better on it according to DF, and also if you are into mutiplayer games with friends you'll need it as thats what your mates have.

Around the Network

Always go with the console your friends are getting. A lot more fun with multiplayer games that away.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Xbox One has the better/ more exclusives, more useful features like snap, multiple media playback and dedicated apps and hubs for games right now and its online service is actually worth paying for but everyone knows this. Ultimately it depends on what games you like, me personally I cant wait for Gears of War collection.

I say PS4, your friends own it and you said you like RPGs. I am surprised you said you didn't like the PSP though with the information you gave.

It depends. If you play online with friends a lot then PS4, if you just prefer to do your own thing with games then Xbox One would be the better choice as it has the games you like.

Around the Network

If you wanna be trendy and like to be cool on the net while having an argument get a ps4. If you want to get a console for the games released at least so far get an xbox one.

Thing is i really hope you care about noone's opinion but your own. Not even your friends. My friends tend to make the mistakes based on other friends and so on. Its like picking the wrong components for your rig simply cause someone told you what he owns that made no sense for your setup.

I can only tell you my criteria. Gamer... right? Care about controller, games ( obviously ), services and the investment i make since they are not cheap pieces of hardware. Based on those alone all pointed to the xbox. Triple A exclusives... well only console out of the two thats had any is the one you keep reading about. No doubt there. Controller is yes, even better than the 360's on the One but it felt like maturating with a mildly numb hand at first. Srsly. Investment.. Well MS is top notch when it comes to software. They were born that way. The console is already a whole different kind of beast than the one I purchased.

You have to decide on the things that matter to you. You might have other priorities. Maybe gamesharing on ps4 ( which all significant games will keep blocking it for obvious reasons.. ) is your main concern. Or any other ps4 only features. I think of each piece of hardware I get as an investment. My choice worked out. The way I see it if i chose a ps4 a year ago and all i had to show on my console was knack, KZ and InFamous for the whole year while others played Sunset, MCC, Horizon etc just the past couple of months alone Id either also purchase the other console too or just wish I hadnt done it. I guess thats the issue when you cant get all consoles.

Personally ill also be getting a ps4 in a couple of years or so when there are a few exclusives worth paying for a whole console all over again that it will be much cheaper. Got my ps3 with the uncharted 2 release and the rest of its exclusives. Right now im more interested tetting a WiiU with Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame

I prefer Xbox One by quite a bit right now but I own both and I think PS4 would be better for you.

BraLoD said:
kupomogli said:

Outside of the exclusives that Sony and Microsoft are pushing, the PS4 is going to get more exclusives from third party Japanese developers than Microsoft has.  In TGS there's already been exclusive announcements like Persona 5, Disgaea 5(garbage,) Dragon Quest Heroes(more garbage,) Earth Defense Force, Yakuza Zero, etc, etc, etc, that's either exclusive to PS4 or cross platform between PS3/PS4 or PSVita/PS4.

I hope you actually have played Disgaea to call it garbage, because it actually provides more content that 3~5 games together, every time =)

This is an old image.  Prinny 2 has released so  there's atleast one more good NIS game.

I've completed Disgaea, played an hour of La Pucelle, played around five or six hours of Disgaea 3 on the Vita.  Haven't played any others in the series and really have no need to.  It doesn't matter how much content there is with the extra worlds, the item world, etc, etc, etc, when the gameplay just isn't good.  It's a series where quantity over quality is the selling point.  There are RPGs and TRPGs that have quantity and quality, not just one or the other.

I own both and I believe for you the PS4 will be better. However, I like the xbox one a lot more. PS4 for me has been gathering dust. If you plan on buying a ps4 for it's exclusives you should wait about another year.

PS4 all the way. It will likely get many fantastic JRPGs and it has Uncharted, God of War (not announced, but I am sure it will happen), The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank. It also for the most part has higher quality multiplatform titles, assuming you do not have a gaming PC.