By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I get PS4 or Xbox One? A WiiU owner

PS4 or Xbox One

PS4 FTW!! 308 62.47%

Xbox One All the Way! 126 25.56%

DONT CARE ABOUT YOU! 32 6.49%

I am a fanboy and wont state my opinion 27 5.48%

Total:493

PS4 compliments WiiU perfectly for me. I buy all the best 3rd party stuff, love the controller, love the free games for the most part, and of course Sony offers my favorite exclusives in the industry.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
ibrahimman0 said:

PLEASE! Help me in this dilemma.

Ok I thought it is better to first tell u a little about myself.

I grew up mostly with a gameboy+playstation, until Gen 7. I used to play MMOs more than you can imagine and have a really sweet spot for RPGs. I get bored really quickly from the unimaginative games coming out every year. Those shooters :( Last generation I had a PSP, which I didnt like at all, an Xbox 360 and a Wii.

Favorite Xbox 360 games: Halo,especially Halo 4,that heartbreaking ending :'(, Gears of War 3, Bayonetta and Alan Wake.

Favorite Wii games:XENOBLADE CHRONICLES <3, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1/2, SMASH BROS,Twilight princess and Metroid Prime.

The first thing I did this Gen was get a 3DS cuz it had a lot of great games like Fire Emblem,Kid Icarus and of course Pokemon.

About 1.5 years ago I thought a lot about skipping the WiiU and get an Xbox One or PS4, but the WiiU simply had Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros and Zelda U, so I couldnt miss those games.

I am going to Singapore and Malaysia for my senior trip and I am thinking about picking up an Xbox One or PS4, so which one should I pick ?

It is worth noting that I am a huge Uncharted, played 2 of them at my cousin's house, and a Halo fan.

The Xbox One exclusives are more interesting, but all my friends own a PS4 not an Xbox, so should I just follow them?

What games can you recommend for me? Dont like Assassin's Creed, sorry just my opinion.

Been thinking about the GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition and Destiny. The Last of Us for PS4, already played Infamous SS, or Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Dead rising 3 on Xbox one.

I dont want biased opinions please, just an honest opinion.

EDIT: I cant get any Black Friday deals cuz I am getting it from Singapore in January. I cant get both cuz I wont be able to get games for all 3 consoles + 3ds.

get a ps4

ftp games + being able to borrow games and buy games your freinds +playing with them online

The PS4 greatness should come at some point. Until then, Xbox One is the better choice.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

If you really value playing with your friends then the PS4 is the obvious choice for you based on the fact that most of them already own it. I guess you decide if you feel the XBO exclusives are worth more than the PS4 ones and playing with your friends.

PS4, but not now. Maybe next year after Persona and Disgaea are out, or wait the next SKU/Price cut.

Around the Network

Just get a PS4. The demand for PS4 will only grow larger in the coming months. And if you really love WiiUs library id say the PS4 can give you close to that, and theres the lots of Free to Play titles and MMOs like FFXIV

If your favorite games were halo and alan wake etc ( like i did

Sony has sensibilities that are closer to those of Nintendo than Microsoft. They put out more quirky, creative stuff, and they're Japanese, so you can expect more RPG's. Right now Microsoft has a few good exclusives where Sony doesn't have much yet this gen, but I think that will change pretty soon, or at least eventually. PS4 sounds better for you in the long run.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

wait for the xb1 slim with upgraded processor

ibrahimman0 said:

PLEASE! Help me in this dilemma.

Ok I thought it is better to first tell u a little about myself.

I grew up mostly with a gameboy+playstation, until Gen 7. I used to play MMOs more than you can imagine and have a really sweet spot for RPGs. I get bored really quickly from the unimaginative games coming out every year. Those shooters :( Last generation I had a PSP, which I didnt like at all, an Xbox 360 and a Wii.

Favorite Xbox 360 games: Halo,especially Halo 4,that heartbreaking ending :'(, Gears of War 3, Bayonetta and Alan Wake.

Favorite Wii games:XENOBLADE CHRONICLES <3, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1/2, SMASH BROS,Twilight princess and Metroid Prime.

The first thing I did this Gen was get a 3DS cuz it had a lot of great games like Fire Emblem,Kid Icarus and of course Pokemon.

About 1.5 years ago I thought a lot about skipping the WiiU and get an Xbox One or PS4, but the WiiU simply had Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros and Zelda U, so I couldnt miss those games.

I am going to Singapore and Malaysia for my senior trip and I am thinking about picking up an Xbox One or PS4, so which one should I pick ?

It is worth noting that I am a huge Uncharted, played 2 of them at my cousin's house, and a Halo fan.

The Xbox One exclusives are more interesting, but all my friends own a PS4 not an Xbox, so should I just follow them?

What games can you recommend for me? Dont like Assassin's Creed, sorry just my opinion.

Been thinking about the GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition and Destiny. The Last of Us for PS4, already played Infamous SS, or Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Dead rising 3 on Xbox one.

I dont want biased opinions please, just an honest opinion.

EDIT: I cant get any Black Friday deals cuz I am getting it from Singapore in January. I cant get both cuz I wont be able to get games for all 3 consoles + 3ds.

Sounds like you don't really play a whole lot of online games other than Halo anyway so there isn't much point in following with what your friends have unless you think there is a game that you will play with them online. Try to play Destiny before you buy it, the majority of people I know that have purchased it are already bored of it or traded it in for the new COD. You said yourself you don't care about the yearly releases. You also said the exclusives on the X1 interest you more. I think you answered your own question. As for TlOU, maybe you can play that at your cousins house sometime. 

Out of the two consoles, I have been leaning towards the X1 as well because I think the exclusives, to me, are more interesting as well. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.