Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I get PS4 or Xbox One? A WiiU owner

PS4 or Xbox One

PS4 FTW!! 308 62.47%

Xbox One All the Way! 126 25.56%

DONT CARE ABOUT YOU! 32 6.49%

I am a fanboy and wont state my opinion 27 5.48%

Total:493

I prefer Xbox One by quite a bit right now but I own both and I think PS4 would be better for you.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Around the Network

Well one nice thing about your friends having a PS4 is that besides borrowing games you could also play their games from your PS4 by using that Share Play feature or whatever it's called. And of course if you like to play some games online and enjoy playing with your friends more than strangers, then that is another incentive to go for PS4.
But also look at which console has (or will get) the most interesting exclusives you want to play, and weigh that against playing with your friends and see what's most important to you.

Personally as far as console/brand exclusives, I'm interested in Persona 5, Guilty Gear Xrd, Rime, The Last Guardian (if it ever comes out),Uncharted 4, Smash Wii U, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda Wii U. As for non exclusives, Metal Gear Solid V and Final Fantasy 15. So the choice is pretty easy for me. PS4 and Wii U. But since you have favorites with the Xbox console as well, I'd suggest weighing what you value the most. The exclusives on Xbox vs the exclusives on PS4 + playing with friends. Only you can decide what's more important to you.

BraLoD said:
kupomogli said:

Outside of the exclusives that Sony and Microsoft are pushing, the PS4 is going to get more exclusives from third party Japanese developers than Microsoft has.  In TGS there's already been exclusive announcements like Persona 5, Disgaea 5(garbage,) Dragon Quest Heroes(more garbage,) Earth Defense Force, Yakuza Zero, etc, etc, etc, that's either exclusive to PS4 or cross platform between PS3/PS4 or PSVita/PS4.

I hope you actually have played Disgaea to call it garbage, because it actually provides more content that 3~5 games together, every time =)

This is an old image.  Prinny 2 has released so  there's atleast one more good NIS game.

I've completed Disgaea, played an hour of La Pucelle, played around five or six hours of Disgaea 3 on the Vita.  Haven't played any others in the series and really have no need to.  It doesn't matter how much content there is with the extra worlds, the item world, etc, etc, etc, when the gameplay just isn't good.  It's a series where quantity over quality is the selling point.  There are RPGs and TRPGs that have quantity and quality, not just one or the other.

I own both and I believe for you the PS4 will be better. However, I like the xbox one a lot more. PS4 for me has been gathering dust. If you plan on buying a ps4 for it's exclusives you should wait about another year.

kupomogli said:
BraLoD said:
kupomogli said:

Outside of the exclusives that Sony and Microsoft are pushing, the PS4 is going to get more exclusives from third party Japanese developers than Microsoft has.  In TGS there's already been exclusive announcements like Persona 5, Disgaea 5(garbage,) Dragon Quest Heroes(more garbage,) Earth Defense Force, Yakuza Zero, etc, etc, etc, that's either exclusive to PS4 or cross platform between PS3/PS4 or PSVita/PS4.

I hope you actually have played Disgaea to call it garbage, because it actually provides more content that 3~5 games together, every time =)

~pic

This is an old image.  Prinny 2 has released so  there's atleast one more good NIS game.

I've completed Disgaea, played an hour of La Pucelle, played around five or six hours of Disgaea 3 on the Vita.  Haven't played any others in the series and really have no need to.  It doesn't matter how much content there is with the extra worlds, the item world, etc, etc, etc, when the gameplay just isn't good.  It's a series where quantity over quality is the selling point.  There are RPGs and TRPGs that have quantity and quality, not just one or the other.

It gameplay is very similar to Final Fantasy Tatics, which for what I always read is a very loved game.
What's not good about the gameplay? It's so diverse and rich that I hardly believe anyone that likes strategy games can dislike it.
I don't know if that's just not your kind of game, but there are no bad points in the gameplay, and it's evolving with every entry.
The ammount of things I can do with that games is no joke, and at least IMO (that's totally personal) it doesn't lack quality in anything, the OST is great, the story is always good and very funny, and it have probably the best replay value ever. It's not only me that ends up with 100+ hours EASILY with any new entry, actually I've saw people with over 500 hours there, and still playing because there always more things to do, it's insane.

I can understand one not liking the story, comedy, style, etc, as any other game will never please everyone and that's just fine, tastes are tastes, but the gameplay is just great.
The game is not garbage by any means, maybe you just don't like it.

Around the Network

PS4 all the way. It will likely get many fantastic JRPGs and it has Uncharted, God of War (not announced, but I am sure it will happen), The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank. It also for the most part has higher quality multiplatform titles, assuming you do not have a gaming PC.

PS4 compliments WiiU perfectly for me. I buy all the best 3rd party stuff, love the controller, love the free games for the most part, and of course Sony offers my favorite exclusives in the industry.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

ibrahimman0 said:

PLEASE! Help me in this dilemma.

Ok I thought it is better to first tell u a little about myself.

I grew up mostly with a gameboy+playstation, until Gen 7. I used to play MMOs more than you can imagine and have a really sweet spot for RPGs. I get bored really quickly from the unimaginative games coming out every year. Those shooters :( Last generation I had a PSP, which I didnt like at all, an Xbox 360 and a Wii.

Favorite Xbox 360 games: Halo,especially Halo 4,that heartbreaking ending :'(, Gears of War 3, Bayonetta and Alan Wake.

Favorite Wii games:XENOBLADE CHRONICLES <3, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1/2, SMASH BROS,Twilight princess and Metroid Prime.

The first thing I did this Gen was get a 3DS cuz it had a lot of great games like Fire Emblem,Kid Icarus and of course Pokemon.

About 1.5 years ago I thought a lot about skipping the WiiU and get an Xbox One or PS4, but the WiiU simply had Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros and Zelda U, so I couldnt miss those games.

I am going to Singapore and Malaysia for my senior trip and I am thinking about picking up an Xbox One or PS4, so which one should I pick ?

It is worth noting that I am a huge Uncharted, played 2 of them at my cousin's house, and a Halo fan.

The Xbox One exclusives are more interesting, but all my friends own a PS4 not an Xbox, so should I just follow them?

What games can you recommend for me? Dont like Assassin's Creed, sorry just my opinion.

Been thinking about the GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition and Destiny. The Last of Us for PS4, already played Infamous SS, or Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Dead rising 3 on Xbox one.

I dont want biased opinions please, just an honest opinion.

EDIT: I cant get any Black Friday deals cuz I am getting it from Singapore in January. I cant get both cuz I wont be able to get games for all 3 consoles + 3ds.

get a ps4

ftp games + being able to borrow games and buy games your freinds +playing with them online

The PS4 greatness should come at some point. Until then, Xbox One is the better choice.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

If you really value playing with your friends then the PS4 is the obvious choice for you based on the fact that most of them already own it. I guess you decide if you feel the XBO exclusives are worth more than the PS4 ones and playing with your friends.