By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone fails to outsell Ps4 despite biggest launch of year

Moyu said:
For Sony this is a pay off.

It's the reward for taking every single region seriously and putting plenty of effort in many markets.

China is probably the only exception though.

Huh?  MS has put oodles of effort in Japan (for example) and it didn't make a difference.  It's not like MS isn't trying, but eventually you have to go with your strenghts. 

Around the Network
Gamz said:
Moyu said:

It's the reward for taking every single region seriously and putting plenty of effort in many markets.

Huh?  MS has put oodles of effort in Japan (for example) and it didn't make a difference.  It's not like MS isn't trying, but eventually you have to go with your strenghts. 

Japan isn't a good example imo.

The fact that MS launched the console over there after several months doesn't sound like oodles of effort to me, neither is securing a few VNs for X1 as exclusives, especially if you account what they did for the 360 in Japan.

The current state of consoles should be enough for Japan to not even be considered by you in your argument in the first place.

Moyu said:
Gamz said:
Moyu said:

Japan isn't a good example imo.

The fact that MS launched the console over there after several months doesn't sound like oodles of effort to me, neither is securing a few VNs for X1 as exclusives, especially if you account what they did for the 360 in Japan.

The current state of consoles should be enough for Japan to not even be considered by you in your argument in the first place.

You see all the money they poured into Japan with the 360.  It's not worth it and you just answered your own question by saying Japan is no longer a major market for consoles anyways. 

Gamz said:

You see all the money they poured into Japan with the 360.  It's not worth it and you just answered your own question by saying Japan is no longer a major market for consoles anyways. 

My point still stands and just because Japan isn't favorable for consoles doesn't mean that Microsft should overlook every other region aside from the US and UK due to this.

Moyu said:
Gamz said:

My point still stands and just because Japan isn't favorable for consoles doesn't mean that Microsft should overlook every other region aside from the US and UK due to this.

Of course they do, if you can't win them over why even try. The 360 did very well with just the US and UK. Its a strategy that makes money.

Around the Network

I don't think the X1 will ever win WW just thanks to the US/UK.. It simply won't happen.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The PS4 is just too strong. MS can't do anything to beat Sony even for few weeks at this point.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's more like xbox one vs wii u for 2nd place. Sony would have to pull a "MS E3 2013" stunt to lose it's edge over the other two.

And what should they be worried about??? Even if nothing changes and we keep the same market share... XBO can still be viable.....
And that's pretty much all that matter... Being first in business is not required to be very lucrative and not need this ain't sport...

ps3-sales! said:

I'd like to take a minute to talk about this. The Xbone failed to outsell the Ps4 this week (worldwide) despite it's biggest game (Halo) launching.

I'd be very worried if I were Microsoft right now. Think about it.

Look at all the issues the Ps4 and Sony are having right now: Driveclub (broken), LBP (bugs/bad reviews), firmware 2.0, no big AAA games. And then take a look at everything RIGHT that the Xbone and Microsoft are doing: Sunset Overdrive, Halo Collection, working firmware, very VERY VERY cheap prices everywhere with cuts.

And still, the Ps4 managed to outsell the Xbone this week. 

I'd seriously be very worried if I were in the Xbox camp. 

With Bloodborne around the corner looking to be promising (March) and the Order hopfully deliver on it's hype (Feb), plus Uncharted in the near future, AND Sony still has a price cut up it's sleeve????

Does not look good.

Meanwhile Nintendo continues to underdeliver on sales, getting destroyed by the other two consoles, yet just dropped two of the most critically acclaimed next gen games so far with Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros (probably my favorite series of ALL time). 

Go figure. Thoughts?

Just let say PS brand is bigger then Xbox brand, for the example:" to make Xbox run on the back of PS brand, Xbox have to run twice and if Xbox brand want to be equal they have to run tree times then PS, and if they want to surpass PS brand they have to run four times then PS brand. 

but the scariest thing is PS brand is always move if Xbox one trying to move forward, so from now on, there will be difficult for Xbox brand to chase PS brand in the future.