By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Dragon Age Inquisition

I have it on PC. I've always preferred to play Dragon Age games on PC. The only issue I have with the PC version is I don't like the new control scheme. Thankfully my laptop can run this on max settings. It's a nice looking game....except for the hair. WTF happened with the hair

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I have it on PC. I've always preferred to play Dragon Age games on PC. The only issue I have with the PC version is I don't like the new control scheme. Thankfully my laptop can run this on max settings. It's a nice looking game....except for the hair. WTF happened with the hair

May i know what is the GPU inside your laptop ?

Are the min system requirements for Dragon age PC out yet? Probably gonna have to upgrade my 4 year old clunker...

Playstation looks better, xbone plays better. Interesting

Nettles said:
Are the min system requirements for Dragon age PC out yet? Probably gonna have to upgrade my 4 year old clunker...

Possibly not. The min specs aren't that demanding. My PC is almost that old, was pretty low end for gaming at the time I bought it and the only spec if falls short on is GPU.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Darc Requiem said:

8GB GeForce GTX 880M

zarx said:
pokoko said:
Dragon Age has always been a PC exclusive for me and will probably always remain so.

Pity the M&K interface aparently sucks...

It certainly didnt suck for the first two, far more intuitive than a controller just because of the sheer amount of actions you can perform

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

walsufnir said:
Playstation looks better, xbone plays better. Interesting

I wouldn't say either 'plays' better. The lower resolution will result in a worse gameplay experience for some people, while the slight instability will do the same for others. Some won't care either way. Comes down to the preference/expectations of the individual.

I'm personally debating between the PS4 and PC versions. To Origin or not to Origin...

Nettles said:
CPU Speed: AMD quad core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 2.0 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: 512 MB, AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Free Disk Space: 26 GB

Not too bad. The one advantage of cross gen games is they're already designed to linearly scale back to very old console hardware.

Darc Requiem said:
HollyGamer said:
Darc Requiem said:

8GB GeForce GTX 880M

Lol, that's equaly with GTX 770 TI, that's a powerful laptop your laptop should be able to play most of the next gen games for 5 years

i saw on the article that this games minimum requirment is 8800 GTX with dual core CPU 4 Gigs RAM, i bet your laptop is over kill