By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disney Nintendo Acquisition?

I'd wager that Tencent would actually be the most likely company to buy Nintendo.

To those unfamiliar, Tencent is a Chinese internet services company similar to Yahoo or Google, but is pretty involved in a lot Chinese PC gaming. Tencent on its own is worth over $130 USD.

They of course want to expand in the West, and I think the Nintendo brand could help them really kill it.

Tencent happens to own Riot Games, makers of League of Legends...

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

........I don't really think it would be good. Disney doesn't really make good games....

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
No thanks, I don't need Micky Mouse and all the other nonsense characters in Smash Bros

They already made all of Final Fantasy their bitch. It's a coming!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

daredevil.shark said:
They refused $25 billion offer from Microsoft (back in 90s). Lol. This wont be happening.

WOAH! I knew about the Nintendo Playstation deal but MS tried too!? I guess Nintendo created both of its current rivals then. Wow, both Playstation and Xbox are "derivitaves" of Nintendo, amusing.

Is this even possible? Last I heard foreign companies can't acquire Japanese companies.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
daredevil.shark said:
They refused $25 billion offer from Microsoft (back in 90s). Lol. This wont be happening.

WOAH! I knew about the Nintendo Playstation deal but MS tried too!? I guess Nintendo created both of its current rivals then. Wow, both Playstation and Xbox are "derivitaves" of Nintendo, amusing.

Sony and Nintendo deal was to make an add on. Not a big deal. But MS tried to purchase Nintendo which was a really big deal.

I agree that it will never happen, as one of Nintendo's main problems is that they're too stubborn. Therefor they would probably let themselves crash and burn before they allowed themselves to be bought.

But I do think this sort of thing would be great. I know it sounds crazy, but they need more western management. They have the ability to make great games, and sometimes that works out great, but they're unbelievably inept when it comes to certain business decisions. It would be a gamble, as Disney could potentially just strip everything down and make it even more streamlined than it's already become (how about a 2D Mario game every year, and nothing else?), but I think Nintendo's headed to a bad place anyway. I would be willing to see how it turned out.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

daredevil.shark said:
Ljink96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Sony and Nintendo deal was to make an add on. Not a big deal. But MS tried to purchase Nintendo which was a really big deal.

Well, it was essentially the first PSOne that was the final product but Nintendo cut the cord and Sony salvaged the rest and birthed PS to the world:D YAY! But MS trying to Buy Nintendo... they would be worth more than they are now, and that's 90's money too! I always wonder how different gaming would be if these creations/aquisitions had actually taken place.

Mystro-Sama said:
Is this even possible? Last I heard foreign companies can't acquire Japanese companies.

According to Yahoo Answers, Walmart bought Japanese company Seiyu Group.

Ljink96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Well, it was essentially the first PSOne that was the final product but Nintendo cut the cord and Sony salvaged the rest and birthed PS to the world:D YAY! But MS trying to Buy Nintendo... they would be worth more than they are now, and that's 90's money too! I always wonder how different gaming would be if these creations/aquisitions had actually taken place.

No offense but thank god Ninendo refused. They are a little arrogant but its good in this case. Nobody will understand Nintendo products except Nintendo.