By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U over Vita and 3DS over 50 million by January 1st 2015?

tak13 said:
Seece said:
tak13 said:
3ds has locked 50m and it goes for 51m!The weird is that I expected Japan to be responsible for this ltd,but it seems that USA and Europe will drive 3ds there!(i thougth 3ds would be even lower in USA/EU with the new 3ds announcement than it is now)...

Nope. It's been down all year 50% in shipments, you expect it to be flat over the holiday.

Also, don't we know Vita is undertracked from shipments? Don't ask me where this thing is selling, but it's selling somewhere.

Flat?nintendo shipped 7.76m in q4 of 2013!

i m implying 6m shipments this quarter,where did you see ''flat''!...ah seece!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759731

6m shipments put it at 50.15m LTD shipped.

Edit - Disregard! I forgot to update my LTD 3DS numbers from last Q.

I think 49.8 - 50.7m for 3DS year end sell through then.

Around the Network

vita isnt even on a shelf anywhere I have seen. idk why it is relevant when sony will not supply any. so to beat it isnt saying much.

Seece said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:
tak13 said:
3ds has locked 50m and it goes for 51m!The weird is that I expected Japan to be responsible for this ltd,but it seems that USA and Europe will drive 3ds there!(i thougth 3ds would be even lower in USA/EU with the new 3ds announcement than it is now)...

Nope. It's been down all year 50% in shipments, you expect it to be flat over the holiday.

Also, don't we know Vita is undertracked from shipments? Don't ask me where this thing is selling, but it's selling somewhere.

Flat?nintendo shipped 7.76m in q4 of 2013!

i m implying 6m shipments this quarter,where did you see ''flat''!...ah seece!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759731

what seece?do your maths again!

45.42m+6m=51.42m

WiiU won't make 10M this year and Vita will certainly catch the 10M mark first.
50M for 3ds is possible though.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Seece said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:
tak13 said:

Edit - Disregard! I forgot to update my LTD 3DS numbers from last Q.

I think 49.8 - 50.7m for 3DS year end sell through then.

With the N3DS coming out next here in the West (probably Feb/March) and it being down alot this year, i definitely see Q3 not pulling alot of 3ds's. That said it needs just under 5mil to hit 50mil shipped.

The Q3 results for every year are (in order) 8.36mil ⇒ 7.65mil ⇒ 7.76mil. So logically we can estimate about 3mil-3.5mil for 2014 Q3 right? that leaves 1.4mil-1.9mil missing its goal.

Now wat can we see to change all of this^ Well first being a minor but still something, ORAS (pokemon). It releases literally right into the holiday, and definitely can help with some HW sales, just not as much as XY last year.

And the biggest is N3DS in japan. As of now its literally just below 2013 great start for Q3 in sold. N3DS is over 500k already. It has Pokemon and the most unexpected YW2.5 releasing mid dec. Thats going to push alot of sales and Holiday 2014>>Holiday 2013 in japan (just the quarter, not year).

Its possible, my guess is minimum we'll see is 49mil and most is 52mil.

Around the Network

No way WiiU can catch Vita over the holidays. The gap is too big and Vita will also sell something, it doesn't stop selling just like that. It's even possible Vita can get to 10M over the holidays, while I doubt that for WiiU. WiiU will catch Vita first half of next year. 50M for 3DS are possible, but a bit difficult. It needs a good boost from the holidays and the software to achieve that. 48.5M should be secure, 49M likely.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

3DS will reach 50 million soon. Not sure if that will happen until January 1st (I´d bet March/April), but it will.
Now... WiiU reaching 10 million.... I wouldn´t bet it. I think they may add 2 million units until January and end the year with about 9.6 million

Wii U won't catch up the Vita. Even the Xbox One is now higher than the Wii U. Nintendo will stop support the Wii U after 2015. I think Vita will win lifetime sales.

Both will happen.

spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Hunter said:
Wii U won't catch up the Vita. Even the Xbox One is now higher than the Wii U. Nintendo will stop support the Wii U after 2015. I think Vita will win lifetime sales.

Umm...X1 is doing much better than the Vita. Wii U is doing much better than the Vita. 2015? After 2015? So a month after, a year after? When? Will there still be games Christmas 2016?

No, I think it will be very close to january when it passes it.

The Vita will be longer in the market than the Wii U.