By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is in big trouble right now.

Oh well, everything under the sun ends someday, right? We had a good run, goodbye Sony, you will be missed my sweet. =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Though Apple doesn't have trillions, they have something in the range of 150-200 billion in cash reserve. They could easily buy Sony if they wanted to, though they wouldn't be interested in the entire company.

Don't think it would be so easy just because they have the money. If Sony and their shareholders don't want to sell, then they won't. Apple can't change that...

Not that it's ever happen, but I'm pretty sure Sony shareholders would sell their stocks in two seconds if they could sell them for 10x market value. Ofcourse Apple doesn't want to use all their cash to buy Sony, but I'm saying if it happened...

Microsoft has trillions of dollars? News to me.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

How many Sony is in trouble threads have we had on this site could someone check.

Maybe if we then get each Op to donate $5 , along with $1 per reply for posters ,Sony could be well on the way to recovery.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Wright said:

Can't they just downsize and sell the least profitable divisions to stay afloat?

That's exactly what they are doing. Hopefully it works, but these things take time, so we won't see an immediate turnaround. By 2016 the effects should have kicked in, and they'll be in better shape.

Around the Network

Lol

sony is a zombie company, they are on lifesupport from the japanese government for years, like the most japanese companys.

tiffac said:
Of course they are, especially now after Japan went into recession. Abe and the Japanese government can't save them anymore.

Its all over!

That's precisely the big problem. Sony has always be the company japanese were the most proud of. Jap governement would never had let them sink, but now that Japan enter a blank state of economic, they do not have a single yen to spare in saving a low profile company. I fear they will concentrate their effort on the most heavy and important one. And it makes only but good sense. 

Lafiel said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Sleepyprince said:

- Sony have no more cash. But really, they are even at loss with -64 million dollars. For a small comparison they had 4 BILLION past year. Just for comparison, Microsoft have 7000 billion in free cash, Apple 1000 billion, Google 4000 billion, Nintendo something like 3 Billion (not very reliable information on it)

Just re-reading this...

You know that you are saying Microsoft have 7 TRILLION in cash there right? And Apple 1 TRILLION, Google 4 TRILLION.

I know they have plenty of cash, but I don't for a second believe it's that much

would be funny, because all coins/paper money together is estimated at ~ $5 trillion

and with all assets and futures and credits etc together all money is estimated to be ~ $75 trillion, so it would be a little scary if a sizeable amount of that was in the hands of just 3 companies

but OP said he is "quite knowledgeable" ( he should have said "I'm an expert"), so better trust him

switch billion for millions, it was late where I live.

It was quite obvious I was speaking about million. And yes, I found the whole 1000 million more revelant to 1B. It's easier to compare with sony free cash flow that way.

I seriously doubt MS, Apple, and Google have as much 'cash" as you think. If they did they could buy several countries, operate out of them and pay no taxes and have even more, lol, trillions.

Sorry OP, I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.