Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Weekly 15 November and BIG Adjustments

That makes moresense like that.

So what do you expect for march 2015 ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
DonFerrari said:
Everybody will be shitting their pants for BF week sales this year and we will see ps4 march for 20M and x1 toucinho 12M even tough most think it is impossible.

You think PS4 will only reach 20M in march? It should be around 22-25M

Given the percentage of sales that black friday thru christmas represent vs the rest of the year 20 million by jan seems reasonable.

I have a feeling the X1 is going to end up somewhat overtracked, but glad to see that at least something was done about the PS4 numbers. About time.

As for the weekly numbers, I have a very tough time believing that the gap between the two is that small WW. 

where was ps4 adjusted?, anyway good ps4 and xbox one numbers.

Intrinsic said:

I am not sure of just how well sales carries over into the first 2 weeks of december when compared to mid november sales.But my stimates were based on me being conservative. We sem to be in agreement that the PS4 could sell 3.4M-3.5M in december alone. For that to happen sales will have to look like I predicted +/- 100k respectively. If the PS4 has 2 1M weeks in december then it will definately go over 4M sold for that month as I don't expect it to do anything less than 500k in any week in December.

If that happens then we are looking at potentially over 20M sales by the end of 2014. Thats just crazy. Not impossible, but even I can't be that optimistic. 

By the end of November the PS4 should comfortably be around 16M. Add a potential 4M plus change to that from december and we have 20M+ consoles sold. I can't even type that without flinching.

I'm not sure there will be two 1 million weeks, but one 1 million is quite likely or in the very least a high 900K week.

December might be something like 650K, 750K, 900K, 1M and new years week 400-500K. If we just take the 4 full December weeks that's 3.3M If we count the new years week as December then that puts it up to about 3.8. For the purposes of actual 2014 sales up to 1 Jan only, about 1/3 of new year week sales are likely to be before 2015 so 3.4/3.5M of actual sales in December.

4M is pretty much impossible without that 5th 1/2 week and for early Dec to be in the >800K range per week. That's a big ask.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Just picked up tearaway tonight for a Christmas gift at my local best buy. It's not a very old game but something kinda surprised me. The price on the receipt said only $16, a savings of $23. Plus the receipt says "clearance*.

I know vita isn't doing well but could this be a sign that vita's now on life support? Or did the game just not sell well this last year?

Aerys said:
That makes moresense like that.

So what do you expect for march 2015 ?

22M would be a blessing =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Train wreck said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
to the consoles are dead, mooks, eat your heart out. its great for the gamers!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155817&page=1#

Oohh man, the creditbility in that thread....lmao

Barkley said:
PS4 still outsold XBO globally on MCC launch week, XBO's biggest exclusive since launch? Sony don't even need to release any games...

This...

Sweet Jesus...PS4 has this gen in the bag.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.