By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People said Pokemon is for kids...

Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

Its real fanbase are alduts and teens!It is really hard for a kid to play it.(i mean to play it seriously)

No it's not really hard for a kid to play pokemon, unless you define kid as a 5 year old. 

Please explain what you mean by playing "seriously".

wi-fi Battles,training and strategies ;)

Around the Network

Haha lol. I went to a midnight launch in a smallish town and we had over 100 people show up, 5 of which were under 18... actually Im more surprised an 8-10 year old was their, that kid has school the next day damn it. Shitty ass parenting right their =P

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

IMO... that's kinda boring though

You are playing pokemon just to catch the legendaries,win the gym leaders and the league?

tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

Its real fanbase are alduts and teens!It is really hard for a kid to play it.(i mean to play it seriously)

No it's not really hard for a kid to play pokemon, unless you define kid as a 5 year old. 

I'm willing to bet that most pokemon players don't really care too much about online battles. For the training and strategies part I have to disagree. A lot of children are very capable of thinking strategic and planning ahead.

tak13 said:

You are playing pokemon just to catch the legendaries,win the gym leaders and the league?

No. I spent over 1000 hours on Diamond, most of which was speant in the underground base =P
But yeah most people that buy Pokemon buy it for the main game, not competitvie battling and training.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

I'm willing to bet that most pokemon players don't really care too much about online battles. For the training and strategies part I have to disagree. A lot of children are very capable of thinking strategic and planning ahead.

Pokemon is a strategically deep game. There are hundreds of Pokemon, their, types, their attacks, their abilities to know, and on top of that you have to anticipate every move of your opponents, anticipate the Pokemon they choose,  try to guess the moveset they are using, the object they have put on their pokemons.

The main game is fun and very well done. But the battle system is really deep, addictive and you need to learn a lot of things before being competitive.

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

Pretty much

I've only ever leveled one Pokemon up to 100

oh! i forgot to mention leveling up!so,you aren t keen on wi-fi battles?

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

Pretty much

I've only ever leveled one Pokemon up to 100

Thats pointless anyway, most battles onine are capped to Lv50 =P

Pokemon has always been for all ages. I thought grownups didn't play it either but I began to see it more when I got to college.

ktay95 said:
tak13 said:

No. I spent over 1000 hours on Diamond, most of which was speant in the underground base =P
But yeah most people that buy Pokemon buy it for the main game, not competitvie battling and training.

i don t disagree,teeqoz asked me what i meant by playing it seriously and why impied that is hard for kids to ply!i said wi-fi battles,training and strategies!Ka-pi considers these boring,so i had to ask this!yeah,i am one from those who they buy it for the main game but i m obsessed with wi-fi battles,training and strategies!This must be due to the competitive nature of my character!