By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 6 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are Nintendo Games (4 are 1st Party)! XD

I'm being sarcastic by the way.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I'm struggling to believe some people are actually complaining about leaving out The Last of Us.
I mean, SERIOUSLY? The Last of Us is a last-gen game no matter which way you put it. Thank god there's still people who don't consider it, so maybe next time we don't get a remaster-only gen. Taking a game released a year ago and improving some visuals doesn't make it a current-gen game.

Edit: @post above, oh. but some people are still being serious over it.

And wiiu games can be argued are 7th gen quality, cause they really dont match the X1/PS4 ones.  So either count all games as oh yahh games, or its just soome to push some bs wish you have .  my games are best but but but u have to exclude this and that but but.

How good are thsoe games if two remaskers out score them.

Metacritic is $h1t. Forza Horizon 2 got a 1/5 stars from a site and was listed on Metacritic reviews. I understand you may not be a racing fan... the same site gave Drive Club a 3/5... are you F***ing kidding me? And that site gets taken into account in Metacritic?

Metacritic sucks as a whole, but it is nice to go in and see a compilation of reviews for a certain game. I don't take Metacritic seriously as a whole though.

Until Metacritic regulates the sites they take into account the site is ultimately a joke.

Slade6alpha said:
tbone51 said:
Slade6alpha said:

Dark Souls Two?

Edit: Not part of "this gen" and not excluisve :( 

2nd highest game of the year, last gen game^

Yeah, lol true. 

Really does show that Nintendo domination. Actually thought DK would be at least high 80's, but it's only 83.... I never understood the critics with that game. 

Played all those 4 games, except Bayo 2. 

DK low scores because its not Samus playing :P

Acevil said:
I am actually okay with the way you measured stuff. In a year or three this will change, but right now it is painfully obvious that certain companies need to bring up Quality Control (looking at you Ubisoft the most) when it comes to releasing games.

Thank, yes. Bloodborne i expect will be the first, Witcher 3 could be as well. Many 90+ contenders for sure next year

Around the Network

Wii U is in it's 2nd year and 3DS in it's 3rd year so yeah this seems about right.

BeElite said:
LMAO yes exclude TLOuR cause it out ranks all you have lol.

Hahahaahahahaaaahhaahaa No.

Its a last gen game, want to leave it in the past? Or i can add SMG+SMG2 and it beats that? Or LoZ OoT? I mean this is gen 8 only, maybe you should, um... Calm down :-/

tbone51 said:
BeElite said:
LMAO yes exclude TLOuR cause it out ranks all you have lol.

Hahahaahahahaaaahhaahaa No.

Its a last gen game, want to leave it in the past? Or i can add SMG+SMG2 and it beats that? Or LoZ OoT? I mean this is gen 8 only, maybe you should, um... Calm down :-/

Two remsters > all you got

Fact.

rakugakist said:
I'm being sarcastic by the way.

i was just about to ask, but you got me

mZuzek said:
BeElite said:

And wiiu games can be argued are 7th gen quality, cause they really dont match the X1/PS4 ones.  So either count all games as oh yahh games, or its just soome to push some bs wish you have .  my games are best but but but u have to exclude this and that but but.

How good are thsoe games if two remaskers out score them.

Should I be replying to this? Umm... no, right? I shouldn't? Well, I guess...

Don't come at me with "7th gen quality" BS. PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are 7th gen; PS4, Xbox One and Wii U are 8th gen. The power of the consoles or "quality" of the games doesn't make a difference in the game's generation. I can tell you haven't played exactly a lot of Wii U games, but they are mostly very good indeed, no wonder they're constantly getting good scores. It's only natural that the best games of a generation come near the end of its lifespan, and both GTA V and The Last of Us came out in the 7th gen's last year. Still, the Wii U has been getting overall better games (metacritic-wise, at least) than it's competitors, which could only find their footing with last-gen remasters instead of new titles. Obviously this is all subjective, but since we're talking metascores then I think it's not.

And the way you put it, you're essentially saying remasters suck. Huh, really funny how that goes. I wonder what games you're currently enjoying on your platform of choice. Because I wouldn't doubt there being a remaster in that list.

Its not,

Thats why PS4 has more higher ranked games, if we go by meta.