By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V PS4 vs XBO comparison

Where is that funny thread now with thé Guy who was telling thé différence is smaller than last gen ?

Such big différence in thé first year ? Thats much bigger

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Where is that funny thread now with thé Guy who was telling thé différence is smaller than last gen ?

It will be even bigger in coming months.

I predict that even if this grass issue is some kind of stream issue or is randonly distributed in some areas or get pached at some point, we will be seing this gif and pics for years.

Even if every other aspect of the game is the same across both version.

Console warriors need every single advantage in their battle.

Indeed, they are not even using thé GPGPU, when they will use it, thé différence will be huge in physic too

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Dark_Feanor said:
I predict that even if this grass issue is some kind of stream issue or is randonly distributed in some areas or get pached at some point, we will be seing this gif and pics for years.

I guess that is the new term being used since that OTHER word is ban material lol.

OT:

Wow that is a pretty interesting difference indeed! I did not expect to see that this early in the gen! Both look REALLY good though imo.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
AkimboCurly said:
The difference is amazing. Watch the actual video though, or go on digitalfoundry. This particular shot was cherrypicked for having the biggest difference. In most of them the world seems much more atmospheric in the PS4 version. However in a lot of the shots the PS4 does look washed out due to this extra atmospheric feel. One impression I did get is that the lighting effects are more realistic on the xbox one for some reason.

Crushed blacks at work?

TheBlackNaruto said:
Dark_Feanor said:

I guess that is the new term being used since that OTHER word is ban material lol.

OT:

Wow that is a pretty interesting difference indeed! I did not expect to see that this early in the gen! Both look REALLY good though imo.

I think that in this situation "console warriors" is more apropriated that the other.

Specialy if you read Neogaf. They jump to that frame comparison as sharks on a whale carcase. It´s amazing seing a mob mentality being build at real time.

The comparison video have more than 7min and besides the grass in that 10 seconds clip the only other noticible difference is the fog and some crushed black.

As I said, this gif will be remembered for years to come.

But as big GTA V is and, according to Digital Foundry how well the XOne performance is, I wonder how could grass out every other aspect affect performance that much.

The first multiplat comparison this gen with a big difference it seems

EDIT: -_-

Aerys said:

Well this is one game and probably the biggest difference we'be seen, I wouldn't use it as a benchmark by any means, just as I wouldn't use ACU