By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

psrock said:
while some of you keep crying about if its sold or shipped. The PS4 has sold faster than the PS2 with these numbers in Germany, just amazing and with 0 games to play.

0 games to play ? Now you have to make a list of PS2 games available within the 1st year of PS2 life.

For PS4 we have : KZ : SF, Infamous SS, MGS : GZ, Far Cry4, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Evil Within, Destiny, Fifa2015, NBA 2K15, Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs, 

COD : AW, Battle Field4, Assassin Creed4, GTAV Remastered, The Last of Us Remastered, Tomb Raider Ultimate Edition, etc etc etc should I continue ?   For PS2 the 1st year ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
soony_xbone_U said:
vivster said:
Why is everyone assuming that it's sold through and not just shipped? And why am I unable to find the source for this?

I had troubles, too.
Just a randwom website given that info without source.

But here is one reliable source:
http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/eine-mio-playstation-4-in-deutschland-verkauft/387683?rss=1&premium=N&navi=00000000&t=1

They also release the German top 100 pal charts every week
Still no confirmation, if sold throug, or shipped.

That article says sold through btw.

Lol, yes "druchverkauft" = sold through
Didn't notice that.

But i still can't belive what i read.
That's just to much for the German market. 460k PS4 sold through in 3 month and 2 weeks. Incredible.

soony_xbone_U said:
DerNebel said:

Didn't notice that.

That's just to much for the German market. 460k PS4 sold through in 3 month and 2 weeks. Incredible.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to believe, I'd like an official confirmation as well.

Nate4Drake said:
psrock said:
while some of you keep crying about if its sold or shipped. The PS4 has sold faster than the PS2 with these numbers in Germany, just amazing and with 0 games to play.

0 games to play ? Now you have to make a list of PS2 games available within the 1st year of PS2 life.

For PS4 we have : KZ : SF, Infamous SS, MGS : GZ, Far Cry4, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Evil Within, Destiny, Fifa2015, NBA 2K15, Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs, 

COD : AW, Battle Field4, Assassin Creed4, GTAV Remastered, The Last of Us Remastered, Tomb Raider Ultimate Edition, etc etc etc should I continue ?   For PS2 the 1st year ?

We all know multiplat games don't count.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Well Done.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
soony_xbone_U said:
DerNebel said:

Didn't notice that.

Now I don't know what to think!, Like I said earlier those pesky German's confusing everybody again!

Barkley said:
DerNebel said:

Now I don't know what to think!, Like I said earlier those pesky German's confusing everybody again!

Sorry, that's what we do.

But it should be noted that mediabiz/Gamesmarkt is pretty trustworthy, they gave us the numbers in June as well.

Lafiel said:
soony_xbone_U said:

It still can be wrong, bad wording, or anything else.
Either that 540k end of June figure is wrong, or this 1m figure is wrong. Both can't be true.

Ofcourse both can be true.

September and October already are better than average months for console sales and several high profile games released in that period.

Yeah, like FIFA (which is HUGE in Germany) and Destiny

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

edit: nvm finally i found a reliable source by myself: http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/eine-mio-playstation-4-in-deutschland-verkauft/387683?rss=1&premium=N&navi=00000000&t=1

Sigh, 
I really don't think this is good enough... nothing will ever be good enough.  Expect the numbers to be adjusted down again. 

ioi said:
These are shipped numbers, not sold.

How can you be sure?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com