By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Arrogance Back? Mocks Competition.

kitler53 said:
Augen said:
It's funny how things are interpreted by people viewing them. Nothing about this ad says to me "Sony v. competitors". It says "fun of gloating when you win in a game".

We've all played competitively with friends and had that moment when you really get into it and awkwardly dance and celebrate. This takes a silly spin on that concept to me and seems very innocent.

who said competitors?!?  i said sony mocks competition...

...man alive people.  don't read what's not there.

Because you've put "Sony Arrogance Back?" in the first part. To me (and looks like many others) it seems like you're implying that Sony are getting cocky again and taking jabs at its competition (ie Xbox, Nintendo)

Around the Network

let the .gif wars begin. i'm sure we'll soon see something that's truly mocking.

I'll be honest. PS4 winning this generation goes against everything I thought I knew about the videogames market. There's no particular reason for it, and that's a little scary.

It just seems like they're trying to revive the harlem shake, and it's better than them mocking their consumer base like they did with the ps3 at least.

Was it ever gone?

Seriously presenting your new console and 50% of the time your basically saying "Compared to the xbox one WE dont do this and that"

Thats just one example.

Sure they also do stuff like "I own a WiiU console even tho I work for Sony" but everyone knows that this is done so people think "best execs ever you just have to love those guys shows that the company is great" But its just PR stuff (and shows that some people at Sony are very smart)

Around the Network

I'm a XB fan and a Sony hater (it predates Xbox btw) and I don't find this mocking or aimed at the competition... To be fair as an advertising and marketing major I find those adds completely off the mark... The pitch is good using the newyorkcityballet though?????
It'd be like using Mikey mouse to promote hunting gear... They should have used something way less artistic and way more in your face IMO... Gamer victory dance is way more a dudebro manly man thing... This might actually propagate an antagonizing message to a larger chunk of the target audience than appealing to them..

Artistically sound ads though... I actually enjoyed watching them outside the context...

that looks pathetic.

From the video description...

"You beat your friends. Make sure they never forget with a victory dance..."

So yeah, I don't think it's Sony mocking the competition, but rather you sending in your victory dance you do whenever you beat your friends at a game for a chance to win a PS4.

to me it doesnt seem like its mocking the competition...

Nem said:

Arrogance is only bad when it hurts its customers. Its not bad when it hurts the competition.

This.