By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 in 2008

From: http://www.ps3center.net/story-1724-God-of-War-To-Release-On-PS3-In-2008.html

God of War To Release On PS3 In 2008
Posted by Victor Dangelo | Mar 3, 2008 08:45

The internet is buzzing over an advertisement which is located in the game manual of the recently released God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PSP. The ad hints that God of War 3 could release on the PS3 this year.

The advertisement is located on the back of the game manual for God of War on the PSP.

The ad states, along with the PS3 logo as well as the PlayStation 3 logo, that God of War 3 is "Coming Soon."

This is the first real clear ad for God of War 3 on the PS3.

Many expected that the game would release around this time in 2009, but reports are that Sony may be further along in development than previously thought.

According to sources, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Sony may get God of War 3 out on the PS3 before the end of 2008.

Around the Network

I call BS unless they have been working on this in secret for A LONG time.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

We hope, but no official confirmation

I doubt that it will make its way onto the PS3 this year, but there is a possibility that i could be wrong!

Unless Sony show this game almost complete come E3 or Gamer's Day there is no hope in hell of an 08' release!

Coming soon = in 1 year.

God of War 2 released on March 07, with "PSP COMING SOON"

God of War PSP released on March 08

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I am very skeptical about this. If it does turn out to be true, then the PS3 line up this year would just be insane.

I bet is just information about the game will be revealed soon. Seriously when has a game for the PS3 come out quickly after getting the first info.

kingofwale said:
Coming soon = in 1 year.

God of War 2 released on March 07, with "PSP COMING SOON"

God of War PSP released on March 08

That is true, but that would still be sooner than I expected.

Also, the PSP game was delayed due to the developer begging Sony to free up the 333MHz speed of the PSP and then going back to make sure it was all working on that level.  I believe the PSP game was scheduled for 2007, and I'm sure GoW3 has been in development for awhile since it's the same studio that made the first 2 games and Ready of Dawn did the PSP game.

tombi123 said:
I am very skeptical about this. If it does turn out to be true, then the PS3 line up this year would just be insane.

It would be, it would also give it a fine balance between this year and next year.

this year: R2, KZ2, LBP, MGS4, GoW3

next year: FFXIII, Afrika, Team ICO project, GT5 

2 confirmed AAA titles per year would be awesome. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Supposedly the guys at The Game Reviews talked to some of the devs at the Video Game Awards conference, where they confirmed a 2009 release date. So far, that's the most substantiative release date that we have.

PS3Center is probably using thenold EGM rumor as a source, which stated that it would be GoW vs GoW this holiday season. They were right about Gears 2, so I can only hope that GoW3 will make it out that soon.