By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I noticed something funny about the main MGS games

So MGS1-4 we usually think of Snake as the main protagonist of the series, and he is central to the plot not to mention he is the main playable character in 2 out of 4 games (soon to be 5).  But I noticed an annoying and somewhat funny thing about the MGS games.  Only one of them do you really play as an in his prime solid snake.  MGS2 you get a little tease of him but then play as Raiden for the remainder.  MGS3 you're big boss.  MGS4 you're an old decrepid one (I always put on the face camo to make him look younger).  I wish we could get one in-his-prime MGS game other than a PS1 one.  I mean Big Boss is basically Solid, but still MGS2 could have had him play more or just something to play as him.  Would you guys have liked 1 or 2 more of them to feature an in-your-prme Solid or do you like things the way they are?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:

but still MGS2 could have had him play more or just something to play as him. 

You didn't like VR missions or Snake Tales?

platformmaster918 said:

So MGS1-4 we usually think of Snake as the main protagonist of the series, and he is central to the plot not to mention he is the main playable character in 2 out of 4 games (soon to be 5).  But I noticed an annoying and somewhat funny thing about the MGS games.  Only one of them do you really play as an in his prime solid snake.  MGS2 you get a little tease of him but then play as Raiden for the remainder.  MGS3 you're big boss.  MGS4 you're an old decrepid one (I always put on the face camo to make him look younger).  I wish we could get one in-his-prime MGS game other than a PS1 one.  I mean Big Boss is basically Solid, but still MGS2 could have had him play more or just something to play as him.  Would you guys have liked 1 or 2 more of them to feature an in-your-prme Solid or do you like things the way they are?

I hope young solids in TPP. 

I reckon they'll remake mgs 1 and metal gear games eventually.

Since no one new is really jumping into the metal gear universe from mgs 1/2/mg1/2

What about Metal Gear 2?

Even in MGS1 it wasn't prime Solid Snake. He was retired by that time. He was still very fit and all, but still. :p

I consider Ocelot the main character. He's in the most games. :p

Around the Network

I wish they all featured Big Boss because he is the superior Snake.

Well there's still the original two Metal Gear games where you play as Solid Snake in his prime, as well as the GBC game no one's ever played (including me). Personally, I don't care which version of Snake I'm playing as. I do like Solid more than Big Boss though, but I actually liked playing as Raiden.

snake is not snake yet he is and everyone is snake and no one is snake at all.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

badgenome said:

I have to agree with this.

I just wish every Metal Gear Solid game was Metal Gear Solid 3.

Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:

I have to agree with this.

I just wish every Metal Gear Solid game was Metal Gear Solid 3.

Lol agreed But hey mgs5 has him though they decided to have that strange shrapnel in his head which is all I look at in the cutscenes

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers