By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: The Year One Review (Gamespot)

amak11 said:
ICStats said:

Are you trolling?  I much prefer the PS4's UI, and the store is fast and has a lot more content.  The Xbox One's store is like going back in time to the original PS3 Store (shudder).  XB1 UI is worse than Xbox 360's UI.

Also i really disagree about the content too.  The grass is not as green on Xbox One as some would like you to believe.

Let's wait and see if they do one about the Xbox One.  I'm sure it will be a lot less positive.

Do you also hate Windows 8?

I can't answer for IC, but for me it's a resounding yes. I don't like it on PC (I pretty much operate it in "windows 7 mode") and I don't much like it as a mobile platform either. If Xb one has a Windows 8 vibe to it then it's a definite turn off for me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
ICStats said:

The comment at 4:00 is so spot on.

4:00 - "The best thing about having a PS4 is not having to use an Xbox One. The whole experience is just so much nicer. The Xbox One UI is still not quite there yet and not having to deal with that is one of the best things."

As an owner of both I couldn't agree more, Xbox One users have it bad and they don't know it.

I really wish sometimes that I could take some of the XB1 guys on here, show them the consoles side by side, show them how clunky the Xbox One is compared to the PS4's experience; and how amazingly empty and shit their store is compared to the PS4's.

Don't agree with this at all. Stop trying to present your opinions as facts, both the ps4 UI and the xbox one UI are extremely average.

I find simple things like joining parties, browsing friends, sending messages and looking at achievements better on the 360.

amak11 said:
ICStats said:
VanceIX said:
ICStats said:

4:00 - "The best thing about having a PS4 is not having to use an Xbox One. The whole experience is just so much nicer. The Xbox One UI is still not quite there yet and not having to deal with that is one of the best things."

As an owner of both I couldn't agree more, Xbox One users have it bad and they don't know it.

I really wish sometimes that I could take some of the XB1 guys on here, show them the consoles side by side, show them how clunky the Xbox One is compared to the PS4's experience; and how amazingly empty and shit their store is compared to the PS4's.

Not sure if trolling, both of the UIs are fairly dry, seeing as that PS4 is all over the place with content and the One is full of ads. Also, the One makes up for the PS4 in terms of content by having (currently) higher rated exclusives in the store.

Really, I don't think anyone is missing out on anything (either that, or both fanbases are missing out, since the UI for both is still evolving).

Are you trolling?  I much prefer the PS4's UI, and the store is fast and has a lot more content.  The Xbox One's store is like going back in time to the original PS3 Store (shudder).  XB1 UI is worse than Xbox 360's UI.

Also i really disagree about the content too.  The grass is not as green on Xbox One as some would like you to believe.

Let's wait and see if they do one about the Xbox One.  I'm sure it will be a lot less positive.

I thought everybody hated Windows 8.  I'm still using Windows 7 for what it's worth.

My 8th gen collection

Headshot said:
ICStats said:

Don't agree with this at all. Stop trying to present your opinions as facts, both the ps4 UI and the xbox one UI are extremely average.

I find simple things like joining parties, browsing friends, sending messages and looking at achievements better on the 360.

Agree 360 > Xbox One for sure.

You can't possibly disagree with my comment on the stores.  Have you actually tried both?

My 8th gen collection

Fair enough. I am hoping LBP3, The order, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 will be all new exclusives that will qualify that "must-have" title.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I dont know about you but using Kinect to snap apps and check messages while playing games seem almost effortless and natural. I cant use Xbox One without Kinect and i think its UI is the best right now. PS4 does not have these features......PS4 cant even get suspend, resume up till now. Even the twitch app is better and more usefull with snap on the Xbox One so I dont know what youre talking about.

ICStats said:
amak11 said:
I

I thought everybody hated Windows 8.  I'm still using Windows 7 for what it's worth.

Guess im that minority with a touchscreen that enjoy windows 8 

amak11 said:
ICStats said:
amak11 said:
I

Yeah.  I have used it on tablet format like the Surface Pro 3 and I find the multitasking on that pretty nice actually, but on my desktop I have a 30" non-touch screen monitor and mouse without touch, so the Metro layout is not good on that both in terms of navigation and in terms of use of screen space.  The good ol' windowed Windows still works for me.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
amak11 said:
ICStats said:
amak11 said:
I

Yeah.  I have used it on tablet format like the Surface Pro 3 and I find the multitasking on that pretty nice actually, but on my desktop I have a 30" non-touch screen monitor and mouse without touch, so the Metro layout is not good on that both in terms of navigation and in terms of use of screen space.  The good ol' windowed Windows still works for me.

Haha, nothing like abit of psuedo off topic. 
Pretty much my point was Xbone UI is just windows 8 UI. Which seems like it would make more sense if you had a Kinect, like it is on windows if you had a touchscreen or tablet :P 

ICStats said:
Headshot said:

Agree 360 > Xbox One for sure.

You can't possibly disagree with my comment on the stores.  Have you actually tried both?

Not only do I find the 360's UI better than the One's, but also the ps4's. I also find xbl's stability on the 360 trumps the one's stability and psn's stability on ps4 from personal experience.

The store is a lot better on PS4 but I find the one's functionality when it comes to snapping makes it a lot easier to navigate through the UI as opposed to the PS4.