By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker made by 75 people (Mario 3D World team)

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

No, I worded that poorly. It's a spinoff.

I see Wii U getting just the one, like N64 and GCN. Captain Toad is just dessert.

Hm. They've been releasing a new 3D Mario like this every 3 years. I think they'll be getting the next one out in 2016 (unless Captain Toad really slowed down the development), which should be before the new console comes along. But only time will tell.

I'd sure love for it to make it in time and be released for the Wii U, as that would shut up a few mouths about the Wii U not having a "real" 3D Mario. Unless they do something different again, since by "real" 3D Mario I think these people mean it has to be like SM64 or SMG/2.

Well there's also the possibility that their next game may not be a console game it all, it coUld be bound for 3DS/New 3DS.

At this point I just hope we get a proper Retro Studios blockbuster within Wii U's lifespan. As much as I loved Tropical Freeze, they are capable of much more.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

At this point I just hope we get a proper Retro Studios blockbuster within Wii U's lifespan. As much as I loved Tropical Freeze, they are capable of much more.

Don't worry, it's coming.

I hope so. It doesn't have to be Metroid, just something with the ambition of the Prime trilogy.

I've had my EAD Tokyo fix, now I need my epic blockbuster fix... XD

Soundwave said:
Seece said:
Soundwave said:
Metallox said:

According to those very credits, roughly 75 people worked on Captain Toad. Wasn't expecting that many, they just delayed their next big proyect even more. 

Mario Galaxy 3 is probably well underway (or whatever would be the equivalent of that). 

I think it will be a launch window title for the 4DS/Fusion platform for 2016. 

Nah, Holiday 2016 I bet. For WiiU, 4 years for WiiU is too short.

No offence but I don't think internally Nintendo gives two sh*ts about what Wii U fans really think. They are giving the platform a lot of support, moreso than many other consoles that have sold that poorly. 

The Wii U will probably get a Mario Galaxy 1/2 compilation in HD and that's plenty of Mario for what is Nintendo's worst selling console. Even the Wii only got two EAD Tokyo games (SMG 1 + 2), the Wii U already has 3D World and Captain Toad, I don't think a third is coming. NSMBU + NSLU + Mario Maker too. 

The company's future literally IMO hangs on the 4DS/Fusion launch ... if they struggle with that again out of the gate, I think Iwata is going to get voted out by shareholders. 3DS and Wii U both suffered from bad launches, Nintendo is not stupid enough to allow it to happen again. 

EAD Tokyo is their best studio, they will be on the frontlines when Nintendo goes to war in what probably will be their most decisive battle, not twiddling their thumbs making games for the Wii U as it lies on its deathbed. 

Captain Toad is IMO EAD Tokyo's send off to the Wii U, enjoy it. 

I don't really want another Mario for Wii U.

But I dont think there will be another console till black friday 2017

I see Zelda as the big late 2015 game, 2016 as the year of Star Fox, Pokken Fighters, Animal Crossing, and a new console in 2017.

I wish we would get a Metroid or F Zero but I am not sure.

I've seen some speculation that Hayashida being credited as producer may be evidence suggesting the creation of a third EAD Tokyo studio.

the_dengle said:
I've seen some speculation that Hayashida being credited as producer may be evidence suggesting the creation of a third EAD Tokyo studio.

That would be pretty awesome if true. If there's one thing Nintendo needs right now, it's more studios.

Around the Network

I hope the game is great. Toad deserves his own franchise. Although I was hopeful for a Sim City style game. Or the old Warcraft style game where you'll use Toads to build a Mushroom Kingdom. Either way I'm happy with the spinoff plan. Nintendo can't leave all this game engine development go to waste. Repurposing them for other games is a smart move.

That makes sense since Captain Toad was created out of the levels starring the same character in 3D World.

curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:

That would be pretty awesome if true. If there's one thing Nintendo needs right now, it's more studios.

I think Nintendo is making new studios as well. In fact I know they are, the garage where the young developers get together and craft their ideas and if its good enough it becomes a full blown game for either an existing IP or a new one (Thus splatoon was born). There are a lot of games such as those coming out. 2015 will be a great year for Wii U with hopefully 1 big game a month. 2015 or 2016 will be the peak year for Wii U.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Whoah! That many people? Didn't see that coming to be honest.

Holding the next core Mario as a big event launch title ala 64 would be the smartest move. That said, I still don't think there's even a small chance the new console is coming before 2017. I feel like there are too many Wii U games likely already in development to release in 2016 for the new console to be that same year. Plus Mario Maker is essentially a Mario platformer, so if we got another one after that that would be 4 Mario platformers for Wii U. I definitely can't see that.