By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who needs games: PS4's first year [EUROGAMER]

This is not surprising, since EG has been giving PS4 exclusives much lower scores than they deserve to. On top of that they didn't even mention PS4's best exclusive so far. This is a very terrible article, but I don't give a shit as its coming from the same site which gave SM3DW the GOTY 2013 award over games like TLOU, GTA V and BioShock: Infinite, and the one which gave MK8 a 10 despite its shortcoming. EG should be called Nintendo Gamer instead, as they are the only games which EG gives very good scores to, despite many other games being worthy of that.

Around the Network

I think the PS4's biggest selling points in its first year on the market were that A) It was $100 cheaper than the X1, and B), M$ was deemed the Lord of All Evil after E3 2013, and therefore buying a PS4 was the best way to give them the finger.

Had nothing to do with the software really... 8 out of the top 10 best selling PS4 games are multi-platform, multi-generational titles. Its top-selling exclusives 1 year out are launch title KZ: Shadow Fall, inFAMOUS: Second Son, a remastered version of TLOU, and launch title Knack which was also packed in with the system in other regions. It actually has a lower software attach ratio at the moment (3.65) compared to the X1 (3.91), despite leading 2:1 in hardware sales.

Basically, there currently aren't many must-have games for PS4 (same as X1), but more people are picking up the PS4 anyway simply because it's been a hot commodity and its what their friends are playing.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
I think the PS4's biggest selling points in its first year on the market were that A) It was $100 cheaper than the X1, and B), M$ was deemed the Lord of All Evil after E3 2013, and therefore buying a PS4 was the best way to give them the finger.

Had nothing to do with the software really... 8 out of the top 10 best selling PS4 games are multi-platform, multi-generational titles. Its top-selling exclusives 1 year out are launch title KZ: Shadow Fall, inFAMOUS: Second Son, a remastered version of TLOU, and launch title Knack which was also packed in with the system in other regions. It actually has a lower software attach ratio at the moment (3.65) compared to the X1 (3.91), despite leading 2:1 in hardware sales.

Basically, there currently aren't many must-have games for PS4 (same as X1), but more people are picking up the PS4 anyway simply because it's been a hot commodity and its what their friends are playing.

I just want to point out that this underlined sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

Other than that, I believe PS4's best selling point is that it is the best home console.

AKA kiss my ass, EG

Yeah, its impressive that the PS4 is selling so well despite having quite a few problems. Just shows how bad the competition is.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

This guy begin to play with ps4/one or... ?
The first year for ALL consoles are horribles, except one or two exception like Gamecube/dreamcast (?).

Remember the first Year of WiiU...?

As a PS4 owner, I won't lie and say I'm happy with the lineup. I really believe Sony had a much worse first year compared to Microsoft and Nintendo, and until they get get their exclusives lined up, I really can't recommend the console to any one.

That being said, Playstation has always been about the long run, and I am confident Sony will improve the lineup exponentially.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Burek said:
NightDragon83 said:

I just want to point out that this underlined sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

Other than that, I believe PS4's best selling point is that it is the best home console.

And why exactly doesn't it make sense?  The PS4 is outselling the X1 2:1, yet it has a lower software attach ratio, which means many of the people who bought a PS4 aren't exactly running out there to buy games for it.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Myth: The PS4 "has no games"

Facts: The PS4 had the largest launch lineup of any PlayStation console, and currently has more games than its direct competitor.

Never understood where the whole "no games" thing came from.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

curl-6 said:

Pretty much why I see no reason for me to buy one.

That!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850