By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who needs games: PS4's first year [EUROGAMER]

celador said:
Sorry PS4 owners. Eurogamer says you haven't had a good year

Take a lesson from history. Sony always starts off slow but always ends up finishing strong. Also, with Sony you always know where you stand with exclusives, where as Microsoft never tells a soul until we read articles to find out.

Around the Network

I am not worried at all. ps3 started slow as well and right now it has an amazing library.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Take a lesson from history. Sony always starts off slow but always ends up finishing strong.

If having 64 games more than your closest rival is 'starting off slow' then I'll take that.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Take a lesson from history. Sony always starts off slow but always ends up finishing strong.

If having 64 games more than your closest rival is 'starting off slow' then I'll take that.

Yeah and Sony even said there will be less AAA from them. Less AAA from Sony is still more AAA than Microsoft (unless they pay outsider companies).

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why do you jump to the conclusion that celador is an Xbox fan? You might want to check some facts before that...

Some people just see one post and assume preference...

Last week or two he and you have been quite positive about Xbox, but I would say you were talking about the merits it is having this last 3 weeks...

I remember celador being quite more pro PS4 and you too (but I could be mistaken).

Yeah, it's too bad really. While not always you can usually tell someones preference by seeing a lot of their posts, but basing it on just one doesn't really work so well.

Also, being pro one thing doesn't automatically mean you are against something else

Well people are to hurried... most don't even read op, much less all posts in the thread. Just jump to what they don't like in the thread and start spouting no-sense....

And I said more pro not "exclusively pro" =] ... but I agree, you can be a fanboy of a console without being a hater of other, altough the usage of fanboy here automatically includes hater...

But asking directly you are more pro sony or ms?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

why these articles are written as if third parties games dont exist or count. wake up people, a lot of gamers bought the ps4 for multiplatform only, in other words, right now ps4 is the chosen console for multiplatform whether you like or not. multiplatform sells consoles as well.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah and Sony even said there will be less AAA from them. Less AAA from Sony is still more AAA than Microsoft (unless they pay outsider companies).

It's just amazing how the press are trying to perpectuate this 'fewer games' mantra in the face of facts. If the PS4 has few games then why aren't we seeing articles written about the other console which has even less? I think it clearly shows there's still huge biased in this industry ... No, strike that, it don't THINK, I KNOW.

The PS5 Exists. 

Yeah, what a terrible year. Easy to say it when just like everyone else they act like PSN titles don't exist.

Yes, you could play Diablo 3 like he says, but if he had half a brain and bothered to do some real research before making an obvious click bait article he would have realized his assumption is 100% full of shit due to the PS3/360 versions not receiving updates, thus not having greater rifts, cesspools, vaults, legendary gems and the wonder Ramanadli's gift.

But who cares, just act like the games are the same as use it as a negative. Diablo 3 on PS3/360 is not the same as Diablo 3 on PS4/XBone. Any Diablo 3 player would tell you so, plus it will continue to get patches while PS3/360 version will not. They are bare bones compared to the next gen counterparts.

He was also so hasty that his dumb ass mentioned Arkham City, which came out before the most recent Arkham Origins. Once again if he did some research instead of being so hasty to make this click bait article he would have realized he meant Arkham Knight.

He also decided to neglect any title released prior to The Last of Us: Remastered.

The guy is a tool and the article is a joke. For a first year both next gen consoles lineups have been great.

So, when's his XBone article about no games? We got SO which is great and all, but I hope he doesn't priase Halo since he obvious has an issue with remasters and Titanfall can be played on Xbox360.

I will patiently wait for it since we all know the next gen versions of these games are no better than the last gen counterparts.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

that is stupid. it has fun games to play right now.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well people are to hurried... most don't even read op, much less all posts in the thread. Just jump to what they don't like in the thread and start spouting no-sense....

And I said more pro not "exclusively pro" =] ... but I agree, you can be a fanboy of a console without being a hater of other, altough the usage of fanboy here automatically includes hater...

But asking directly you are more pro sony or ms?

Oh I didn't mean to impy that you thought people who were pro something were against something else. That just seems to be what some people think, such as the post I quoted earlier...

As for me, I prefer to say I like them both equally. I usually like one a bit more than the other but it regularly goes back and forth, so best just to say I like them both

You scorecard seems to reflect it by the equilibrium in points =]

I understood your point... And the funnier part is that the real fanboy and haters on this site are quite know by most that have been looking carefully enough (to avoid banworthy words) and usually every thread they post they make it know about it by over praising or downplaying the OP as it aligns or not with his company of preference. Even the ones who pretend not to be behaves exactly the same but deny with all heart.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."