By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 4 Review Thread: Metascore Currently: 85

Looking really good!
Atleast Far Cry doesn't disappoint.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

87 meta from 16 critics. (on PS4)
The best part - no score lower than 80...

Good, it's the only Ubisoft game i'll buy this year. Can't say no to Far Cry.

torok said:
CDiablo said:
Too bad everyone is boycotting Ubisoft and this game will bomb.

Yes, of course they are... Just like everybody boycotts EA games and BF and NFS always bomb hard...

The Internet forum crowd is just a tiny, tiny minority. It doesn't matter, if I was from a publisher I wouldn't even bother reading forums.

I think AC as a series will be damaged by Unity. Not due to internet forums particularly, but more of the famous issues. Forums like ours are not a big deal. Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook however, combine to make a HUGE deal. Word of mouth can spread like wildfire, and in the case of AC:U, the word is all bad and/or hilarious (glitchfest, ghoul faces, etc).

I agree utterly that the number of people specifically boycotting Ubisoft is probably negligible in the big picture of course. If FC4 was a similar mess to AC:U, then it could risk becoming a problem for them in terms of brand image, but that appears not to be the case.

BF as a series was damaged by BF4.

COD as a series was damaged by Ghosts.

AC as a series is being damaged by AC:U.

All of that is undeniable, but what's debatable is to what degree that it affects sales in the end.

BF5 probably won't have the same preorder levels that 4 did (as 3 was pretty well received overall, it wasn't without problems but nothing compared to 4's laundry list of uh-ohs).

COD:AW looks slightly dinged compared to Ghosts, nothing huge, but then again one could argue it's just series fatigue and some of their core people being more interested in 'modern warfare' rather than 'robots and jump-suits' kind of stuff. After all, BF:2142 was a similar departure and pretty much tanked compared to BF2.

I bet AC 2015 has preorders decline from AC:U compared to install base totals in linear terms.

Good scores. Lets hope Ubisoft doesn't mess up this game as well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Metascore 87

Great scores so far. It looks like it won't be another AC: U fiasco.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

From what I see from the reviews, this game tones down the main character, offers either similar or improved game play options from the first and the main villain is awesome.

Sounds like the game is a touch better than Farcry 3 which was already an awesome game.

Unlike Assassin's Creed Unity which got rid of the awesome sailing game play and sacrifices performance for the purpose of massive crowds of people who get in your way.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

That's amazing for a Metacritic score on PS4 in 2014.

My 8th gen collection

Teeqoz said:
What's the main review platfrom?

PS4.