By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you a sheep (mindless buyer)?

Do you buy shit products from lazy devs?

Yes, in droves, I'm a mindless sheep 31 20.39%

No, I'm a noble and smart owl 99 65.13%

I'm a rat that lend ever... 8 5.26%

I'm a cockroach pirate t... 14 9.21%

Total:152

i buy what i like. in terms of which version , it really depends on price at the time i buy it. sometimes i woul dbuy teh version which performs better , but the difference has to be huge liek frame being really unplayable. Apart from that not fussy if tehres the so called " parity" For me th egame has to be fun and stable framerate. And no i do not boycott games because of the parity thing

Around the Network

I don't really buy too many games so when I do buy them it is something that I'm sure that I would like. The most broken game I have ever bought was SOCOM: Confrontation, but I still enjoyed it. It had several missing features that it advertised on the box, but they patched it over time.

I buy iPhones and from what I have heard around these parts, it makes me a sheep.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

i will probably buy halo 5 after launch, when i know the servers are working,
but completly boycotting a game you want is just silly

spurgeonryan said:
Pavolink said:
spurgeonryan said:

Your missing out on the top game on the Wii U.

I don't like the direction Nintendo is heading MK with 7 and now 8. I'm just voting with my wallet.

.....your missing out on a hyrule track and link on an eponacycle!!!! XD

That almost made me buy it, but I'm not going to fall.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

People who use the term sheep tend to be a dumb conspiracy theorists, determined to prove their own superiority through utter BS.

You seem to be trying to make an argument that people who buy what you don't like are sheep. More misguided ego driven BS.

Just because people spend their money differently to you buy doesn't make them sheep, incapable of making a reasoned decision for themselves. People have different needs and wants to fulfil, whether a cod/halo fan, a mobile phone gamer, a Nintendo fan or an indie game fan. Some choices can of course be more informed than others or simply based of different criteria, but you aren't necessarily cleverer simply because you like the chain of reasoning which lead you to buy what you bought.

i havent bought a single one of those games. so yes, i do stay away from shitty,finished work. i do buy crappy games sometimes for the fun of it, but if its a big AAA release that is unfinished, i definitely stay away from those, because there is no reason that they should be broken.

Well, OP. I get what you're saying and I agree with you, but when was the last time you saw someone admitting that they're stupid, crazy, or on this case sheep? No one wants to see themselves as anything other than intelligent and better than the rest or at least better than the average.

And I agree with you. Complaining about every COD, AC, etc only to buy the next one day one and then say I can't believe this one sucks too, is sheep mentality. But I guess people can't control their urges and they have to have what they think they want RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, as for me, I stick to my word. If I boycott something (e.g. a magazine the editor of which made a homophobic comment), there is no way I'm going back no matter how much I used to love reading it. For me principles are more important than having some fun with a game, song, etc.

Then again, I hardly ever boycott anything because there's never a reason to when it comes to my favourite games. They usually have some or in some cases a lot of technical issues, but at the end of the day, I'd rather put up with them than not play a great game at all. The Walking Dead is a prime example. It plays terribly on the vita ( I died one too many time because the game was still loading when m zombie was attacking me- and yes its extremely frustrating) but it's such a good game that I'm definitely buying the second season when it's cheaper (and the Wolf Among us).

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:
vivster said:
I only preorder and buy games that I know I will enjoy. That means that even if it is full of bugs and barely playable I will still have fun with it.

I guess that means mindless sheep for me. Daring to enjoy something that is not up to other people's standards.

I don't think you enjoying the game and accepting the failures make you a sheep. Complaining a lot but buying anyway does.

Well I do love to complain about the games I'm enjoying^^

Be a bitch about what we like is salutable =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That's why developers release broken games in the first place, cause people still buy their games. Unfortunately I think developers will continue to do this for the rest of the generation. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54