By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Films/books that made you cry.

El Duderino said:
Bambi... but I was like six years old.

Ahh yes, I forgot that one... I cried watching that too.

I don't think I cried watching The Lion King though.

(oh btw: Bambi>Lion King>>>aristocats>>>>>other Disney)

-----

I suppose I should have asked the same question but cut out anything you watched before you were 10.... makes it a bit harder. 

Around the Network

During Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

and Saikano by....some dude who makes anime...

The only movie/book that almost had me crying (it had me choke up) was "of mice and men".

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Mummelmann said:
The Green Mile yes, very very sad film and solid acting all across the cast.
Grave of the Fireflies, which Nazna recommended, was even worse and made me really choke and water-eyed.
I don't get that reaction from books mostly, but it was close in The Serpentwar Saga by Raymond Feist when my favourite character sacrificed himself to save the city he had come to serve for 70+ years.
I also find the endings in both the Gladiator and Braveheart deeply moving, yet again because of stunning acting from the whole cast and both movies have a very emotional soundtrack!
I find myself teary-eyed to this day when I hear Elysium by Zimmer and Gerard or A Gift of Thistle by Horner.

cried (just a little) both times i saw it.

Movies:
Pursuit of Happyness
Bridge to terabithia
Of mice and men
Click

Books:
Harry potter 6 and 7
of mice and men
Where the red fern grows

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

Book-Flowers for Algernon
Movies-The Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Lord of the Flies came close, but I was a kid when I read it. The movie "Set it Off" about a bunch of female bank robbers -I watched the whole movie on youtube, and cried like a lil' beeyotch yesterday. Check it out!

The Blue Ocean Strategy.

::cry::

Movies I cried in.

Grave of the Firefly

That's all I can remember. lol

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Braveheart. At the end when William Wallace has been killed and was then cut up and sent to the four corners of Briton. His countrymen then went into battle, they were outnumbered and starving and yet still won. Brings a tear to my eye every time.