By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales on the Rise. Almost 10 million consoles shipped!

Yeah they will have shipped much of the holiday shipments by now so the shipped vs. sold gap should be bigger than usual but then decrease as the holidays start ramping up. In any case, XB1 is probably at least 1.5m ahead of WiiU in shipments already

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Welfare said:

The week of the price cut saw triple sales of the previos week, and close to 10 million shipped to retailers.

Serious undertracking here.

I don't think so. Just cleaverily worded. He says shortly 10M. What is shorlty? I'm guessing they are including the huge shipments that will be sent to retailer over the next month for the holiday. Not to get carried away

Xevross said:

Wow, congrats MS.

This says XB1 should be above PS4 in US in the latest week which it isn't on VGChartz. I'm guessing XB1 should be about 90k in the US in the lastest week then. If that's the case, XB1 sold more than 270k in the US week ending 8th. Wowzas

no it doesn't.  vgc data end nov 1st.  this is about the effect of the price drop that went into effect nov 2nd.

since vgc said 73k for the week before the price drop and ms said tripled that would mean the next set of numbers would have xbox at ~220k+ in the USA.

Interesting that in Major Nelsen's tweet, he used the word "approaching" rather than "almost"... You can sell 6.3M X1 thus far and be approaching 10M sales since you're still selling X1's. I'm not saying that MS overstuffed the channels by ~3.5M units, but the "approaching 10M shipments" statement is meaningless to me.

kitler53 said:
Xevross said:

Wow, congrats MS.

This says XB1 should be above PS4 in US in the latest week which it isn't on VGChartz. I'm guessing XB1 should be about 90k in the US in the lastest week then. If that's the case, XB1 sold more than 270k in the US week ending 8th. Wowzas

no it doesn't.  vgc data end nov 1st.  this is about the effect of the price drop that went into effect nov 2nd.

since vgc said 73k for the week before the price drop and ms said tripled that would mean the next set of numbers would have xbox at ~220k in the USA.

More than tripled, although I have a feeling the 73k is overtracked (why would the sales not go down more before the price cut?). So I think perhaps 200k in the US FW

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Lol...this is nuts.

Factitious weekly sales numbers that generate 100s of man hours of posts about people's secret biases and agendas regarding sales of consumer goods.

Then when official sources post some sales figures, people go crazy with spins and theories about those numbers, as if to justify why the last few weeks of their time spent on the forum discussing sales wasn't a complete waste of time.

kitler53 said:
Xevross said:

Wow, congrats MS.

since vgc said 73k for the week before the price drop and ms said tripled that would mean the next set of numbers would have xbox at ~220k+ in the USA.

"As we head into the busy holiday season Xbox One led generation 8 console sales in the US for the past two weeks."

XBone beat PS4 price drop week and the week before

Ninsect said:
kitler53 said:
Xevross said:

Wow, congrats MS.

since vgc said 73k for the week before the price drop and ms said tripled that would mean the next set of numbers would have xbox at ~220k in the USA.

More than tripled, although I have a feeling the 73k is overtracked (why would the sales not go down more before the price cut?). So I think perhaps 200k in the US FW

Because many stores broke the street date for the price drop, selling a few days before.

"Shortly"

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

disolitude said:

Lol...this is nuts.

Factitious weekly sales numbers that generate 100s of man hours of posts about people's secret biases and agendas regarding sales of consumer goods.

Then when official sources post some sales figures, people go crazy with spins and theories about those numbers, as if to justify why the last few weeks of their time spent on the forum discussing sales wasn't a complete waste of time.

There is no need to spin here. They give us no sales figures to consumers.

"they will have shipped much of the holiday shipments by now so the shipped vs. sold gap should be bigger than usual but then decrease as the holidays start ramping up. "

Add in the higher shipments for the price cut

The One and Only

VizionEck.com