By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Kerotan said:
riecsou said:
Now those MS deals and price cut makes perfect sense to me. Don't get me wrong. Those are amazing deals from MS. But to have so many good deals and attractive bundle at the same time, it must have been because something were far from what they expected.

so what do they do if they lose November? 

Honestly if they loose November then it will be kind of game over. In a fun note Mod are gonna have a lot of work to do in banning people. It is going to be a mess in here. I will pleasantly watch from the side

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Aj_habfan said:

Boo hoo.

The story only gets more petty as time goes on.

Which part is petty.  The one where people pay for incorrect incformation, or the one where people get tired of being lied to.  I would say both.  This is the internet.  You get what you get.  And no one, not even chartz, is entitled to accurate info they didn't pay for.  

Who's paying? Who's being lied to?

Your posts are getting confusing... I really don't know what you're trying to say. 

Aqua believes that having the numbers in plain site (numbers posted in the topic title, OP) on a large public site like this is making NPD take notice and they're cracking down on leaks because of it. She believes that VGC is the starting point where these things leak across the internet at large and that's something she has to try and avoid if she wants to keep her access to the NPD numbers and give some people the ability to discuss them then she has to stay at least somewhat under the radar. As it is this is likely the last time we'll get leaks on NPD numbers from that particular source.

I'm really mixed on what's happening here, to control the leaks then the leaker shouldn' make it in the first place.

I do however agree, that we shouldn't just put the information in plain view, while we shouldn't have to PM or use other secret mediums to discuss about the numbers we shouldn't put them in the OP nor in the title of the thread, that way only the people who actually care about the numbers well see it, making sure NPD threads don't show up on Hot Topics would be good as well, just my two cents.

Its a real shame we didn't get even a hint of what the 3DS and the Mortem did, oh well.

riecsou said:
Kerotan said:
riecsou said:
Now those MS deals and price cut makes perfect sense to me. Don't get me wrong. Those are amazing deals from MS. But to have so many good deals and attractive bundle at the same time, it must have been because something were far from what they expected.

Honestly if they loose November then it will be kind of game over. In a fun note Mod are gonna have a lot of work to do in banning people. It is going to be a mess in here. I will pleasantly watch from the side

You bring the popcorn, I'll join you. 

Around the Network
riecsou said:
Kerotan said:

If they lose November they lose December by even more unless Sony run out of stock. With all they've done the last 2-3 months if they don't win I'm gonna call it and say they lose Halo 5 month as well. Because even if they win November they will get badly beaten first 8 months of next year anyway. 

Torillian said:
Aqua believes that having the numbers in plain site (numbers posted in the topic title, OP) on a large public site like this is making NPD take notice and they're cracking down on leaks because of it. She believes that VGC is the starting point where these things leak across the internet at large and that's something she has to try and avoid if she wants to keep her access to the NPD numbers and give some people the ability to discuss them then she has to stay at least somewhat under the radar. As it is this is likely the last time we'll get leaks on NPD numbers from that particular source.

I've a theory. Sony last gen after a while decided to keep their numberz hidden. Now MS are doing it. What if that pisses NPD off and as a result they get one of their staff (codename aqua) to leake the numbers so they keep getting out there anyway. SO to keep MS and Sony (doubt they care) happy they need to put on a bit of faux outrage. 

I've read a lot of shit from aqua and for starters she is a he. And aquamarine sounds like someone sent on a mission. 

So no disclosing numbers so that we can get numbers in the future? That doesn't add up. If the info is foing to do the rounds via PM in future then next NPD thread people will need to sign up to receive the super secret PM by using a code word.

How about "Tagged"?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

My comment.

Xbone did worst than I expected... that says a lot.

A leaker who doesn't want her leaks to leak.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Welp, I no longer think X1 can take November without one hell of a fight. Which means Dec is definitely gone in terms of hitting #1. The baseline from October just shows low overall demand imho, and I think the new $349 baseline after the initial bump will be an improvement in terms of % vs. PS4's same-era baseline, but the initial bump for the $349 and $399 (COD) bundles seemed to really be strong for about 1-2 weeks, then tail off pretty quickly.

It really does seem like MS decided to go all-in early, I doubt anything left is in store for a surprise other than $299 becoming a common special price for December. It was a brave move, but maybe a little mis-timed, because the holiday shopping hysteria doesn't really ignite until BF.

I'm not ruling anything out, but at the beginning of the month when Sony was just sitting on $399 with no announcements I thought X1 would take November by 5-15% pretty easily, and I no longer think that's probable. A near-tie is more likely, depending on how huge the PS4 bundle sales are for BF. And Dec should be a walk imho. Halo MCC is obviously not selling like a normal mainline Halo entry (huge sales to diehards with X1s, but not a huge draw to the larger marketplac), AC:U is a borderline disaster for the series in terms of PR, SO is already buried, FH2 was a bomb, and COD is weirdly the most positive thing I can think of for XB1 this fall, though that's still sort of a wash.

GTAV looks primed to prove me wrong and sell gangbusters once again. I was sure that saturation on 7th gen would throw cold water on it, but it looks primed to be a top 5 game for holiday 2014, and inevitably boosting PS4 adoption.

I don't think either PS4 or X1 will come close to 1M for November. I do expect 1m+ for PS4 in December, and close to 1m for x1 in December, due to good deals from Microsoft. It's just not enough to overturn the inertia that Sony has going for them in the big picture. The 'my friends play on ' tide appears to be set for 8th gen. All we do now is wait for receipts.