By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

tbone51 said:
Seece said:
Pavolink said:
So, any Nintendo numbers?

66k to 68k for WiiU.

We got numbers for WiiU?

47% up YOY over first 10 months.

Around the Network

Wii U over tracked.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

TiagoCosta said:
SWORDF1SH said:

To me it sounds like that you're claiming that DC and Bayonetta are overtracked because they weren't in the top 10 individual skus. "Something needs to be ovetracked" didn't quite make sense so I presumed that's what you meant. If you're  finding "stuff" that's above SO, how does that prove that around 100k is to low?

To make is statement right I said that had to be true, which I don't agree. If he was so right that SO sold 100k at the 9th place something on the top 10 needs to be overtracked right? That's what I said. I tried to conclude by saying that SO selling 100K feels too low, meaning that I feel that is undertracked over here.. Selling what VGC said with bundles and being only 10th, and 9th without bundles, something isn't right.

I know what you're saying, you're trying to gauge how well the games did aound it to predict how well SO did. Yeah 100k does seem a little low for 9th.

Welfare said:
Wii U over tracked.

Shhhh. Please stop. This is already sad...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has sold 1.2M copies in the U.S. and is the 10th Nintendo 3DS game to sell at least 1M units in the U.S. Also, through the first 10 months of 2014, total sales of Wii U hardware and software have increased by 47 percent and 84 percent, respectively, over the same period in 2013."

705k last month, 495k this month. Dont know how much of that is digital sales. maybe 40k-45k?

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
TiagoCosta said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I know what you're saying, you're trying to gauge how well the games did aound it to predict how well SO did. Yeah 100k does seem a little low for 9th.

Great, it was worthy trying to explain with my limited English then. (I'm glad)

Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta didnt make it to the charts. Multiplats takes the throne, smash did good though. Driveclub is also missing, not suprising. Pretty sure November npd is going to be crushed by Advanced Warfare at no.1, GTAV at 2, Smash WiiU at 3, then Inquisition, Farcry 4 and others in the remaining top 10.

Bayonetta did basically nothing for wii u hardware.

shogunknight said:
Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta didnt make it to the charts. Multiplats takes the throne, smash did good though. Driveclub is also missing, not suprising. Pretty sure November npd is going to be crushed by Advanced Warfare at no.1, GTAV at 2, Smash WiiU at 3, then Inquisition, Farcry 4 and others in the remaining top 10.

Smash Wii U must surely beat a remastered GTAV, especially as there will be an official GTAV PS4 bundle which will not count in NPD. If GTAV comes out ahead of SSB U then surely WIi U is lost in the wilderness.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

shogunknight said:

Multiply I agree with get v and cod. However mcc is going to be 3rd.its selling way higher than smash. Also it's pre-orders at the same time were higher. Single platform sales it's going to be first. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion